+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wifes TRV refused - need help

PriyaRam

Jun 15, 2019
Hi,
My name is Priyaram and i am a software developer in a reputed MNC. I recently moved to Canada from India on a work permit which is valid till Mar 2020. I got married in Jan 2019 and moved to Canada in Apr 2019 and will be staying till Mar 2020.
I applied for my wifes TRV which got refused yesterday with reasons
Grounds for refusal:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I know this is a common ground they are refusing. My wife is a housewife and we had only shown 1.5 lakh of Mutual fund investments which was in her name and which is genuine. In the invitation letter and application letter we had clearly mentioned that we will be returning in March. Also there was a letter from my company stating that they will take care of all stuffs and that we will be returning before my Wp expires.

After declaring everything i am really shattered with this decision. Please let me know how i can prove that she would be returning back once her visa is done. Do they want us to sign some kind of affidavit or legal statement.

PriyaRam

Jun 15, 2019
You should be applying for a SOWP. Your wife is not a temporary visitor she wants to live in Canada for the duration of your work permit.
Thanks for replying, but can i apply for a Sowp if my wife doesn't have an employment in India?