+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's Open Work Permit Refused

adityaram29

Feb 14, 2020
Hi Friends,

I got this denial message for my Wife's Open Work permit from IRCC

"You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations."

Here are my Details:
1)Currently I am in Work Permit Visa and working as a Software Engineer in Canada from October 9th 2019
2)I got married in December 2019 and applied the Open Work permit visa for my wife. I got the above denial reason.

Did anyone had seen this denial messages in your friends circle. If in that case please provide the detailed information how to resolve this situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As previously mentioned you must prove that you are in a relationship. You should include proof of any time spent together before marriage, chat logs before and after marriage, etc.

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
Hi Friends,

"You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations."

Here are my Details:
1)Currently I am in Work Permit Visa and working as a Software Engineer in Canada from October 9th 2019
2)I got married in December 2019 and applied the Open Work permit visa for my wife. I got the above denial reason.

Did anyone had seen this denial messages in your friends circle. If in that case please provide the detailed information how to resolve this situation.
Did you get approved after refusal?

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
what are the reasons for refusal? Are you eligible for a SOWP.
Yes I got a refusal, i applied in march went to Dubai got my biometrics done, and got a refusal last week.

Reason: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Yes, i am eligible for SOWP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I got a refusal, i applied in march went to Dubai got my biometrics done, and got a refusal last week.

Reason: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Yes, i am eligible for SOWP.
So your spouse is in Canada as student/PGWP? If PGWP, is your spouse working, how long, NOC A,B or 0?

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
So your spouse is in Canada as student/PGWP? If PGWP, is your spouse working, how long, NOC A,B or 0?
My husband is a full-time student in Canada- Went in Septemeber been 2 months currently working part-time.

Any suggestions for me. I don't have any property my in-laws have. Do you think there is any document i can submit to prove i am also apart of that property.. please advise if you know any... Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My husband is a full-time student in Canada- Went in Septemeber been 2 months currently working part-time.

Any suggestions for me. I don't have any property my in-laws have any document i can submit to prove i am also apart of that property.. please advise if you know any... Thanks in advance.
SWOPs aren’t guaranteed. The issue is that your spouse is a student. Usually easier to receive a permit when your spouse completes the program and starts his PGWP. Then shows employment letter, NOC and paystubs. You need to show proof of funds that is liquid. If he is a student, you need to show that you have the funds to arrive and settle before you find a job. For study permit, your husband would have showed a minimum of $10k. Adding a spouse you want to show another $4k minimum in bank statement, GICs etc.

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
SWOPs aren’t guaranteed. The issue is that your spouse is a student. Usually easier to receive a permit when your spouse completes the program and starts his PGWP. Then shows employment letter, NOC and paystubs. You need to show proof of funds that is liquid. If he is a student, you need to show that you have the funds to arrive and settle before you find a job. For study permit, your husband would have showed a minimum of $10k. Adding a spouse you want to show another $4k minimum in bank statement, GICs etc.

Yes, I will do that when I am going to reapply next month. I have shown funds in my account but the funds were not old enough.
Can you suggest any nice trustworthy consultancy to reapply.

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
Yes, I will do that when I am going to reapply next month. I have shown funds in my account but the funds were not old enough.

Do you anyone who got approved after 1st refusal ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You want to show 6 months of funds. Not idea about consultant as you can do it yourself. When does your spouse complete his program because this may factor in because processing takes months.

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
You want to show 6 months of funds. Not idea about consultant as you can do it yourself. When does your spouse complete his program because this may factor in because processing takes months.
Yes, my funds are old now which can be shown. My spouse will complete his course next year Nov. Since the processing is taking some time I want to reapply. But there are too many people telling things not sure which one to believe and what not to beleive. I am not confident about myself in reapplying i think I need assistance hence want to go with a consultant.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Hi Friends,

Here are my Details:

Can you please share your visa timeline? in addition what documents have you shown to prove the marriage is legitimate?

before and after marriage. it seems you have job so finance wise i do not see any issue more likely you applied for her visa almost immediately after getting married so in this case we need to be extra careful and provide plenty of documents that prove you guys know each other very well. you spent time with her before/after marriage (need photos, holiday, date pictures, chats, conversations etc)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, my funds are old now which can be shown. My spouse will complete his course next year Nov. Since the processing is taking some time I want to reapply. But there are too many people telling things not sure which one to believe and what not to beleive. I am not confident about myself in reapplying i think I need assistance hence want to go with a consultant.
Processing may take 6-7 months so you may be refused again because your spouse’s course will be near completion. You may have more success when he gets his PGWP and show he can support you with a job.