+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife with tourist visa and also expecting baby

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What about GTA Ontario especially the Mississauga area? If I bring my wife to Canada, we will gonna be staying in Mississauga. Will I be able to manage hospital expenses with private health insurance as OHIP doesn't cover my visitor wife?
Well, we do not know if you will be able to manage the cost. You will need to pay all of the routine check up, scans, dellivery, after birth care of your wife out of pocket.

If your wife is already pregnant, then no private health insurance will cover existing condition.

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Well, we do not know if you will be able to manage the cost. You will need to pay all of the routine check up, scans, dellivery, after birth care of your wife out of pocket.

If your wife is already pregnant, then no private health insurance will cover existing condition.
Thanks for the info

May 2, 2023
My wife got visitor visa and pregnant for 5 months . She will be travelling in November 2023
Can I get Alberta health insurance for my wife and claim all the costs for pregnancy till birth
We have also applied for spousal sponsorship from India and it’s still in process
Please let me know if it is safe to travel and cover the costs from Alberta

my email : mmudassira8@gmail.com