+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife visa after PR visa stamping

ruchirmrg

Jun 19, 2017
Hi!
I got my PR stamped on my passport, now in October im getting married, how should I go about for applying my wife's visa. I have still not landed Canada, should I apply for my wife through express entry as I have heared that sponsorship will take 1year time and I dont want to stay away from my wife, kindly suggest.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Hi!
I got my PR stamped on my passport, now in October im getting married, how should I go about for applying my wife's visa. I have still not landed Canada, should I apply for my wife through express entry as I have heared that sponsorship will take 1year time and I dont want to stay away from my wife, kindly suggest.
If you get married before you land, then you must add her to your application, and she will become a PR at the same time you do.

If you marry after you land, you can sponsor her as your wife.

At any point, if she qualifies, she can immigrate herself under an economic stream.

ruchirmrg

Jun 19, 2017
If you get married before you land, then you must add her to your application, and she will become a PR at the same time you do.

If you marry after you land, you can sponsor her as your wife.

At any point, if she qualifies, she can immigrate herself under an economic stream.
HI!
But if I add her to the PR application, how much time will it take to get the PR? also, if I land and sponsor her, then how much time will it take? can please tell me more about the economic stream as I'm not aware of it.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Adding her to an existing application will probably take a few months, to cover all the paperwork. If you sponsor her after you become a PR, then the current processing target is 12 months. If you want to know more about the economic streams, you'd be best to ask in their forums (federal skilled worker, provincial nomination, canadian experience class etc).

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You must land in Canada - that means going to Canada and using the PR visa in your passport - before you get married, or if you get married before you go to Canada, you must then tell the visa office you got married and have her added to your application. You cannot get married, land in Canada as single with the PR visa you now have, then sponsor your wife.
Getting married before you land means the PR visa you now have will be cancelled, they will examine your wife, and then both of you will get PR visas. It will add a few months to the timeline. However, if you use the PR visa you now have after you get married, but do not tell the visa office that you have gotten married, you will never be able to sponsor your wife.

ruchirmrg

Jun 19, 2017
You must land in Canada - that means going to Canada and using the PR visa in your passport - before you get married, or if you get married before you go to Canada, you must then tell the visa office you got married and have her added to your application. You cannot get married, land in Canada as single with the PR visa you now have, then sponsor your wife.
Getting married before you land means the PR visa you now have will be cancelled, they will examine your wife, and then both of you will get PR visas. It will add a few months to the timeline. However, if you use the PR visa you now have after you get married, but do not tell the visa office that you have gotten married, you will never be able to sponsor your wife.
Hi!
How do I inform the visa office? what documents do i need for my wife?