+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Pregnant when to inform VO

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Hi All
My wife is expecting middle of next month and i have already got AOR from CVO on 5th march 2015 but awaiting medical request.So shall i inform the VO about pregnancy and expected date of delivery before medical request, if so then how to inform and what docs to be submitted or shall i wait for the email from VO for medicals and then inform them about pregnancy.Please suggest

Thanks

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Guggu said:
Hi All
My wife is expecting middle of next month and i have already got AOR from CVO on 5th march 2015 but awaiting medical request.So shall i inform the VO about pregnancy and expected date of delivery before medical request, if so then how to inform and what docs to be submitted or shall i wait for the email from VO for medicals and then inform them about pregnancy.Please suggest

Thanks
use case specific enquiry and submit the documents to your visa office. Do not wait till MR is issued

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
glenn9090 said:
use case specific enquiry and submit the documents to your visa office. Do not wait till MR is issued
Hi,

same case with me, i'm waiting for our MR and my wife is 3 months pregnant now.. I was confused some say that i have to wait for our MR because during the exam the Physician will make a report tha my wife cannot undergo Xray thus delaying her Medical exam until the child is born.. I dont know exactly what's the right thing to do..

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
dems said:
Hi,

same case with me, i'm waiting for our MR and my wife is 3 months pregnant now.. I was confused some say that i have to wait for our MR because during the exam the Physician will make a report tha my wife cannot undergo Xray thus delaying her Medical exam until the child is born.. I dont know exactly what's the right thing to do..
inform the Visa Office about your update. if you get MR in meanwhile, some medical centers exempt for xray and others say to wait. Visa Office can give you the exact next step.

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
glenn9090 said:
inform the Visa Office about your update. if you get MR in meanwhile, some medical centers exempt for xray and others say to wait. Visa Office can give you the exact next step.
Hi,

If i inform the VO now, how to inform them, by email attaching the ultrasound result of my wife? just like that?

Thanks

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Hey Guggu,
looks like the answer to your question is alredy given.

glenn9090 said:
Why are you still confused?

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
arika said:
Hey Guggu,
looks like the answer to your question is alredy given.

Why are you still confused?
Actually i understand Guggu, maybe with the same confusion that i have. some people still say that during medical exam the panel physician will advise us what to do, and they will even make a report to VO that she is pregnant and cannot undergo Xray thus allowing her to wait until the child is born. If i will inform the VO now their is a possibility that they might stop or pospone some other background checks and etc. because they'll know that it will be delayed, and they will prioritized others instead of me and thus putting my papers in the cabinet back to the large que of files.
If i'll wait until my MR comes atleast they already finish some other assignments in my application and saving some times. only the risk is the expiry date of my visa which is 1 year after my medical will be much earlier than my wife.

This makes me confused! because from the cic website there is no statement that it is mandatory to tell the VO about pregnancy especially before MR! it only states that you have to inform VO if You'll give birth...

Very confusing to me....

df

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Dems. I recall providing u with some information on this on another thread. As I told u, the physician will provide u with information about risks, but ultimately the choice of ur wife doing the xray is between u and ur wife. The first 3 months are the most critical and ur wife is past that point. Also who knows when the MR will come.
As for guggo. If your wife is due next month, then u dnt need to inform VO now. Wait til child is born. At that point u must inform VO. If MR comes before child is born, do the chest xray. Shielding will be provided. If they don't offer it, ask for it.
Remember that CIC says u must inform of births, not pregnancies.

Canadian27

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
10-02-2015
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
IELTS Request
24-04-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
16-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting.....hopefully soon
LANDED..........
Aug 2015
df said:
Dems. I recall providing u with some information on this on another thread. As I told u, the physician will provide u with information about risks, but ultimately the choice of ur wife doing the xray is between u and ur wife. The first 3 months are the most critical and ur wife is past that point. Also who knows when the MR will come.
As for guggo. If your wife is due next month, then u dnt need to inform VO now. Wait til child is born. At that point u must inform VO. If MR comes before child is born, do the chest xray. Shielding will be provided. If they don't offer it, ask for it.
Remember that CIC says u must inform of births, not pregnancies.
Hi, could you please guide me as well.

I am due for MR and am expecting it around end of April or till May mid......Let say at that point my wife is 1-2 month pregnant...then what would be the best option?
1. To inform VO about her pregnancy assuming we don't go for X ray test.... will our case be worked upon still in that case?
2. Or, if we wait for the child to be born in our native country then we run a risk of getting our visa expired since at the time of PPR, the visa would be valid for 1 yr from MR date.

Please suggest, help needed.

df

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Canadian27 said:
Hi, could you please guide me as well.

I am due for MR and am expecting it around end of April or till May mid......Let say at that point my wife is 1-2 month pregnant...then what would be the best option?
1. To inform VO about her pregnancy assuming we don't go for X ray test.... will our case be worked upon still in that case?
2. Or, if we wait for the child to be born in our native country then we run a risk of getting our visa expired since at the time of PPR, the visa would be valid for 1 yr from MR date.

Please suggest, help needed.
If when the MR comes ur wife is 1-2 month pregnant, do not do the medical. That means you nor any of ur family members. The physician will inform cic of the pregnancy. There will be a delay but its best U do it that way.