+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Pregnant; PR Holder - Pls suggest insurance until OIHP coverage

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Dear all,

Could you kindly suggest me insurance for my wife. She's 7th month pregnant. And we need to do 15 days of quarantine followed by an application for OIHP (before it kicks in).

Kindly suggest the best insurance companies from whom I can take the policy?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all,

Could you kindly suggest me insurance for my wife. She's 7th month pregnant. And we need to do 15 days of quarantine followed by an application for OIHP (before it kicks in).

Kindly suggest the best insurance companies from whom I can take the policy?
She won't qualify for coverage of her pregnancy. You will need to do 14 days of quarantine. Would be extremely careful about travelling as Canada is on it's 3rd wave of covid, there are covid cases arriving on planes into and within Canada and pregnant women are more likely to have severe cases of covid. Someone posted yesterday that their pregnant wife was in the ICU and was trying to have her mother travel for emergency reasons.

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
She won't qualify for coverage of her pregnancy. You will need to do 14 days of quarantine. Would be extremely careful about travelling as Canada is on it's 3rd wave of covid, there are covid cases arriving on planes into and within Canada and pregnant women are more likely to have severe cases of covid. Someone posted yesterday that their pregnant wife was in the ICU and was trying to have her mother travel for emergency reasons.
Hey thanks. I'm traveling today, so I will pray for the best.

Why do you say there will be no coverage?

A few insurance companies do offer till 8th month.

OIHP should be fine after quarantine ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hey thanks. I'm traveling today, so I will pray for the best.

Why do you say there will be no coverage?

A few insurance companies do offer till 8th month.

OIHP should be fine after quarantine ?
May God be with you.

This pandemic is indeed troublesome.

Please be financially prepared for any expenses due to medical cost. There are insurance companies that offer insurance BUT most I know will not cover pregnancy if she is already pregnant. Many do not cover pregnancy at ALL.

Homeowner

Jun 12, 2021
get menulife insurance for her. since most of the insurance doesnt cover the delivery and hospitalization cost you might have shell out of pocket for the same.

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
get menulife insurance for her. since most of the insurance doesnt cover the delivery and hospitalization cost you might have shell out of pocket for the same.
Now due to covid, OIHP is being issued immediately so goto service Ontario once quarantine period is over and u are done with it ..card will be delivered in a week or too