+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wife pregnant during PR spousal sponsorship

Ashish_Kumar

Aug 30, 2010
Hi,

We're 2 months in into the spousal sponsorship for PR and wife is pregnant. Now would my kid also get sponsorship???

What should I do at this time??

thanks

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
I think it all depends on when your baby will be born...

If the baby is born before you land in Canada, baby will need to be added to the application I think..

If your wife is still pregnant at the time of landing, then I don't think there are additional documents to provide..

That's what I think, maybe someone with more knowledge can help me out here ;)

Oh and congrats!!! :)

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
Ashish_Kumar said:
Hi,

We're 2 months in into the spousal sponsorship for PR and wife is pregnant. Now would my kid also get sponsorship???

thanks
If you're a Canadian citizen, the baby would automatically be a citizen as well. If not and if s/he's born before your application is processed, then you'd have to add them as a dependent. In this case, please make sure you do it, or you will never be able to sponsor your child.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ashish_Kumar said:

Right now, you don't need to do anything.

As said above, it depends when the baby is born. If the child is born before your wife lands as a PR, you will need to add him/her to the app.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ashish_Kumar said:
Hi,

thanks
Was the medical already completed?

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
Romania85 said:
If you're a Canadian citizen, the baby would automatically be a citizen as well. If not and if s/he's born before your application is processed, then you'd have to add them as a dependent. In this case, please make sure you do it, or you will never be able to sponsor your child.
This may not be true with the new rule change sometime around 2009. For your child to be a Canadian citizen born outside Canada you the parent have to either be born in Canada or be a naturalized citizen.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=365&top=5

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
buonqua said:
This may not be true with the new rule change sometime around 2009. For your child to be a Canadian citizen born outside Canada you the parent have to either be born in Canada or be a naturalized citizen.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=365&top=5
It's irrelevant to this thread anyways, as OP is a PR, not a Canadian citizen.

Ashish_Kumar

Aug 30, 2010
profiler said:
Was the medical already completed?
The medical is already done

So now, is it illegal to not inform CIC about pregnancy regardless if the baby is born before or after PR approval?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ashish_Kumar said:

So now, is it illegal to not inform CIC about pregnancy regardless if the baby is born before or after PR approval?
You don't need to inform IRCC of the pregnancy. You only need to inform them when the baby is actually born.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
My wife is 3 months pregnant. I didn't inform CIC nor do I have to. When the baby is born I'll inform CIC if she doesn't get approved by than.

Ashish_Kumar

Aug 30, 2010
buonqua said:
My wife is 3 months pregnant. I didn't inform CIC nor do I have to. When the baby is born I'll inform CIC if she doesn't get approved by than.

What if the baby is born soon after the wife gets approved??? Can I take my baby along without any formal papers?????

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ashish_Kumar said:
What if the baby is born soon after the wife gets approved??? Can I take my baby along without any formal papers?????
No, you can't just bring the child.

As already stated, if the child is born before she lands as a PR, the child will need to be added to the app.

If the child is born outside of Canada after she lands as a PR, you will need to sponsor the child for PR.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ashish_Kumar said:

As long as they don't request a remedical or a partial (due to expiry) then you should be ok. As others have said, notify CIC when the baby is born. If they do aak to repeat medical or xray then your process will have to notify CIC that you have to wait due to pregnancy and your process will slow.