+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Pregnant and have Recieved the Medicals. Help

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Dear Members,

I have received my Medicals and my wife is pregnant, She will start her 4th month till the time we will undergo the medical examination.

I heard the case is usually delayed because of this. Can anyone1 suggest me what to do or what will happen now.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You and wife are still required to undergo a medical examination even if she is pregnant. You should discuss with the Designated Medical Practitioner examining her. If reluctant in taking chest x-rays during pregnancy the DMP will forward the info to CIC that your wife is pregnant and that´s the reason why they could not take a x-ray. In that case her medical will be completed without X-ray. But after the child birth her X-Ray is to be submitted to complete the medical. Better you also need to write to CIC and attach the pregnancy report and doctors note that they are not in the position to take the X-Rays. If you and wife willing, the may DMP agree for her chest X-Ray with proper abdomen shields.

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
wilson said:
You and wife are still required to undergo a medical examination even if she is pregnant. You should discuss with the Designated Medical Practitioner examining her. If reluctant in taking chest x-rays during pregnancy the DMP will forward the info to CIC that your wife is pregnant and that´s the reason why they could not take a x-ray. In that case her medical will be completed without X-ray. But after the child birth her X-Ray is to be submitted to complete the medical. Better you also need to write to CIC and attach the pregnancy report and doctors note that they are not in the position to take the X-Rays. If you and wife willing, the may DMP agree for her chest X-Ray with proper abdomen shields.
Thanks for the info.

I think Ill proceed with the medicals including the chest X-ray to save time. As my wife passport will expire in 1st quarter of 2014 and it should have a minimum validity of 6 months to get a visa stamped. I better save that hassle. Thanks again

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
If your wife is pregnant, you will have to tell the doctor about this. X-rays could effect baby badly and it is always suggested that you tell the doctors about this.

Secondly, if your wife is 4 months' pregnant, by the time you get visa or by the time you are ready to come to Canada, your baby will be born and if then you apply for visa for your baby, VO can cancel your visa on the basis of misinterpretation about not telling them about your wife being pregnant. (and no doctor suggests or allows flying in the last few months of the pregnancy).

Do not risk your baby's health for the sake of immigration. Telling the truth would be the best bet and there is not much delay if you plan well.

Also, you can apply for PP renewal within one year of expiry, so apply for that and it does not take much time to get new PPs back. In any case, you will have to renew your PPs when you are in Canada when the PPs expire until you become Canadian citizens. You cannot visit your home country with expired Passports or even cannot go to US or other countries, unless you have a valid PP.

Good Luck and congratulations for your baby.

shkhassan said:
Thanks for the info.

I think Ill proceed with the medicals including the chest X-ray to save time. As my wife passport will expire in 1st quarter of 2014 and it should have a minimum validity of 6 months to get a visa stamped. I better save that hassle. Thanks again

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
RockinCanada said:
If your wife is pregnant, you will have to tell the doctor about this. X-rays could effect baby badly and it is always suggested that you tell the doctors about this.

Secondly, if your wife is 4 months' pregnant, by the time you get visa or by the time you are ready to come to Canada, your baby will be born and if then you apply for visa for your baby, VO can cancel your visa on the basis of misinterpretation about not telling them about your wife being pregnant. (and no doctor suggests or allows flying in the last few months of the pregnancy).

Do not risk your baby's health for the sake of immigration. Telling the truth would be the best bet and there is not much delay if you plan well.

Also, you can apply for PP renewal within one year of expiry, so apply for that and it does not take much time to get new PPs back. In any case, you will have to renew your PPs when you are in Canada when the PPs expire until you become Canadian citizens. You cannot visit your home country with expired Passports or even cannot go to US or other countries, unless you have a valid PP.

Good Luck and congratulations for your baby.

Appreciate your response in this regard. I have though to inform the CIC by sending them a covering letter along with the other documents requested by them and a doctor's certificate confirming the pregnancy. I am going on Tuesday for my medicals , I'll inform the DMP about the pregnancy.

Thanks

Melody2003

Jul 2, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10- 2011
Doc's Request.
12-04-2012. Additional Doc Req-5/11/13
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello shkhassan, how is your wife doing.
Did you do the medical as reported by you. Been looking for your thread for follow-up

I have a similar case and want to know how you crossed the bridge?

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Melody2003 said:
Hello shkhassan, how is your wife doing.
Did you do the medical as reported by you. Been looking for your thread for follow-up

I have a similar case and want to know how you crossed the bridge?
Mate,

Yes my wife did her complete medicals including the X-ray , if your wife is in the 2 tri you can go with te X-ray, my wife's doctor said X-ray with the sheet is safe, but i will suggest you to consult with the doctor.

Melody2003

Jul 2, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10- 2011
Doc's Request.
12-04-2012. Additional Doc Req-5/11/13