+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife pregnant and got call for medicals (FSW 2014)

Bruhaspati

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Hello Friends,

I got call for Medical tests, but my wife is 2 months pregnant,
My current family comprises me , my wife and 1 kid 9 years old.

Could you please let me know how to inform them of this?
Does this effect my chances of Visa approval?

Please help suggesting.

Thanks,
Bruhaspati

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Bruhaspati said:
Hello Friends,

Please help suggesting.

Thanks,
Bruhaspati
No need to worry. Book Medical for all your Family members and when you go for Medical Examination just tell physician that your wife is pregnant and he will take care of rest and will also inform about it to CIC. Do not do X-ray for your wife as rays can harm your child. Best Wishes.

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Bruhaspati said:
Hello Friends,

Please help suggesting.

Thanks,
Bruhaspati
You have three options:

1. Request for time until the child is born to undergo the medicals. I have done that myself and it delays the application by ~10 months. but the visa officer will allow you time. This is the best option.

2. Do the medical examination as suggested by Goku, the issue in this case is that your wife's medical will be considered incomplete until she does the X ray anyways. In this case also, your application will be delayed by ~10 months.

3. Undergo complete examination including xrays for your wife with protective shield and your visa processing will not be delayed. But I wont take this risk as X rays are radiations and any unnatural radiation is not good for the child (my opinion).

Now if you are desperate to go to Canada take the third option. But, if you can wait then go for the 1st option. Second option is waste of time and money as you have to go to the medical checkup twice. The PR visa is issued based on the date of your medical for one year, so in the second case you will get only ~4 months for landing as your medical done date will be this month eventhough your wifes medical done date is september.

Bruhaspati

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Thanks much Zhengi , I will go by your opinion.

BTW, you mentioned visa will be valid for 1 year post medicals..Its a PR visa, right ? Should not it be valid for 5 years or more ?

Any page at CIC where it mentions of the duration of PR visa validity one issued?

Regards,
Bruhaspti

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Bruhaspati said:

BTW, you mentioned visa will be valid for 1 year post medicals..Its a PR visa, right ? Should not it be valid for 5 years or more ?

Any page at CIC where it mentions of the duration of PR visa validity one issued?

Regards,
Bruhaspti
Bruhaspti,

Based on what I have understood reading through the forum the Visa when issued considers the date when your medicals are done and not the date when it is stamped , so for example if you do your medicals on 1st January then you have validity to travel till 31st dec of that year irrespective of the fact whether your pp gets stamped in which month.

So basically after getting your medicals done one needs to travel within one year and once you enter Canada the visa automatically converts to 5 year duration.

I hope I answered it correctly.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Bruhaspati said:

Regards,
Bruhaspti
PR visa is a one time visa that will let you enter Canada. This visa is valid one year from medical. Once you use this visa and enter Canada within the visa validity, you will then get PR card, which is then valid for 5 years from its issuance.

NishiGogetter

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
I am also in similar situation Bruhaspati.

Which option you are choosing as suggested by Zenghi, I believe its 1.

Will VO allow Principal applicant (male) to get the medicals done and keep the medicals pending for spouse
and get it done later pose delivery ?

So, If the medicals are done for principal applicant will it be possible for principal applicant to travel within 1 years of medicals and spouse/kids joins at later stage?

Please help suggest..

Thanks,
Nisha

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
NishiGogetter said:

Will VO allow Principal applicant (male) to get the medicals done and keep the medicals pending for spouse

So, If the medicals are done for principal applicant will it be possible for principal applicant to travel within 1 years of medicals and spouse/kids joins at later stage?

Please help suggest..

Thanks,
Nisha
Visa is issued for all members of the family at the same time when all the checks are complete for everybody. With spouse's medicals pending, the PA can't get visa until after spouse's (and the baby's) medicals are complete.

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
zenghi said:
You have three options:

1. Request for time until the child is born to undergo the medicals. I have done that myself and it delays the application by ~10 months. but the visa officer will allow you time. This is the best option.

2. Do the medical examination as suggested by Goku, the issue in this case is that your wife's medical will be considered incomplete until she does the X ray anyways. In this case also, your application will be delayed by ~10 months.

3. Undergo complete examination including xrays for your wife with protective shield and your visa processing will not be delayed. But I wont take this risk as X rays are radiations and any unnatural radiation is not good for the child (my opinion).

Now if you are desperate to go to Canada take the third option. But, if you can wait then go for the 1st option. Second option is waste of time and money as you have to go to the medical checkup twice. The PR visa is issued based on the date of your medical for one year, so in the second case you will get only ~4 months for landing as your medical done date will be this month eventhough your wifes medical done date is september.
Hi,

I'm also in the same situation, if i choose no.1 option, how did you inform the VO, is it during the supposed medical exam? it's the panel physician who inform the VO that all of you requested to deffer your exam? or you yourself inform the VO before the MR? How did you inform through email?

Thanks for your advise.

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
NishiGogetter said:

Please help suggest..

Thanks,
Nisha
I think it will be a good idea to defer the medicals until the child is born. If your husband does his medicals earlier, then the visa issued will be one year from that date even if the wife does the medicals at a later date. So there is no particular benefit in doing half of the medicals earlier..

When to inform the visa office: At some point, you will receive the Medical request email to undergo medical examination, you can reply to that email and ask for extension to undergo the medicals for the whole family.

If you inform early, then it is possible that the visa officer may put your file in the back burner and wont do any processing as he/she came to know from your email that you are not in a hurry..

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
zenghi said:
I think it will be a good idea to defer the medicals until the child is born. If your husband does his medicals earlier, then the visa issued will be one year from that date even if the wife does the medicals at a later date. So there is no particular benefit in doing half of the medicals earlier..

When to inform the visa office: At some point, you will receive the Medical request email to undergo medical examination, you can reply to that email and ask for extension to undergo the medicals for the whole family.

If you inform early, then it is possible that the visa officer may put your file in the back burner and wont do any processing as he/she came to know from your email that you are not in a hurry..
Well its upto the VO in my case the reply from VO directly asked me to go for medicals and the family can do it later. So its not a individual choice based on my experience.

Bruhaspati

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Friends,

I sent mail to NDVO asking what can be done in such case (I have requested time to undergo medicals till my wife's delivery).

But the conformation page of mail says "You will get response in 25 working days" which is beyond the date of my medical submission.

What should I do now? If I wait for VO reply, I will not be able to send medicals for Me and my kid before the date they are asking to submit.

If I go for Medicals, I get only 4 months post delivery of my wife.

What should I do now?

Please suggest

belle_mx

Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged: 05-02-2015 PER: 28-02-2015
AOR Received.
May 14 2015
Med's Request
May 14 2015
Med's Done....
May 28
Passport Req..
June 24
VISA ISSUED...
July 15
LANDED..........
August 19
Bruhaspati said:
Friends,

I sent mail to NDVO asking what can be done in such case (I have requested time to undergo medicals till my wife's delivery).

But the conformation page of mail says "You will get response in 25 working days" which is beyond the date of my medical submission.

What should I do now? If I wait for VO reply, I will not be able to send medicals for Me and my kid before the date they are asking to submit.

If I go for Medicals, I get only 4 months post delivery of my wife.

What should I do now?

Please suggest