+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Pregnant and Due date is near to our Entry

ronaldmichs

Aug 27, 2018
Hi People

We have recently received the Letter of Invitation under the Federal program on the draw of 22 August and have started our procedures already. By 15 October we will file our Application and take the procedures forward by sharing all documents and applications (Reason why 15 October, to have our funds maintained for a longer time as they are fresh).

My wife is due for pregnancy on 15 January 2019. I wish to know if -

1. By when will I get the Visa clearance with go ahead to enter Canada.
2. If supposedly, we get the go ahead by December and decide to give birth to the kid in Canada, then what benefits could the kid get as a Citizen? Also, should I even risk the travel say even 15 days before the due date.
3. Which province should we plan to avail pregnancy medical coverage ?

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated by us.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
2. If you are flying you will have to stop flying by a certain date. Definitely before 38 weeks.
3. You actually have to settle in a province for at least 6 months if you use the health care (doublecheck because some may require longer). Some provinces have up to 3 month wait times until you qualify for health care. You also need to find a place to live. Seems unrealistic to give birth in Canada.

Reactions: ronaldmichs

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi People

We have recently received the Letter of Invitation under the Federal program on the draw of 22 August and have started our procedures already. By 15 October we will file our Application and take the procedures forward by sharing all documents and applications (Reason why 15 October, to have our funds maintained for a longer time as they are fresh).

My wife is due for pregnancy on 15 January 2019. I wish to know if -

1. By when will I get the Visa clearance with go ahead to enter Canada.
2. If supposedly, we get the go ahead by December and decide to give birth to the kid in Canada, then what benefits could the kid get as a Citizen? Also, should I even risk the travel say even 15 days before the due date.
3. Which province should we plan to avail pregnancy medical coverage ?

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated by us.
To add to the previous post, the child will not receive any incremental benefits as a citizen vs. as a PR.

ronaldmichs

Aug 27, 2018
2. If you are flying you will have to stop flying by a certain date. Definitely before 38 weeks.
3. You actually have to settle in a province for at least 6 months if you use the health care (doublecheck because some may require longer). Some provinces have up to 3 month wait times until you qualify for health care. You also need to find a place to live. Seems unrealistic to give birth in Canada.
Thanks a lot. Appreciate your reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So the govt of Canada will pay a child fee as in the case of citozen
Not sure what you are referring to. Your timeline seems pretty unrealistic. Getting your COPR by middle of December so your wife will be permitted to fly seems unlikely. Babies don't always arrive on their due date and can come early.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Not sure what you are referring to. Your timeline seems pretty unrealistic. Getting your COPR by middle of December so your wife will be permitted to fly seems unlikely. Babies don't always arrive on their due date and can come early.
It's more likely that the airline would refuse to board her that late in pregnancy. That's a health & safety policy, rather than an immigration one.