Wife pregnant after receiving PR visa

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have the similar situation, my wife is 8th months pregnant, I am principal applicant, my questions are follows;

We \re applying for visas and our medical will be expire date in March 2016.

Can I travel alone (As a principal applicant) after the baby is born (Due date is November)? My plan is to move to Canada in January.
My wife doesn't want to travel with me, as she wants to travel next year sometimes.

What are the outcome if I travel after November (Baby is born)?

Should I inform Visa Office that my wife doesn't want to travel right now?

Shall I apply for myself to get a visa and send a supporting documents to Visa Office that my wife doesn't want to travel?

I would be very grateful if any expert can clarify this situation.

Many thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thomasuk said:
Hi,
I have the similar situation, my wife is 8th months pregnant, I am principal applicant, my questions are follows;

We \re applying for visas and our medical will be expire date in March 2016.

Can I travel alone (As a principal applicant) after the baby is born (Due date is November)? My plan is to move to Canada in January.
My wife doesn't want to travel with me, as she wants to travel next year sometimes.

What are the outcome if I travel after November (Baby is born)?

Should I inform Visa Office that my wife doesn't want to travel right now?

Shall I apply for myself to get a visa and send a supporting documents to Visa Office that my wife doesn't want to travel?

I would be very grateful if any expert can clarify this situation.

Many thanks.
You may not land on a visa that did not include the baby after the baby is born. This is seen by immigration as misrepresentation or hiding the fact that you have a baby. It is a serious thing and can cause you to lose your PR if you do this or at the very least, you would be barred from ever sponsoring your baby.

If you know you are unable to land before the baby is born, you need to inform the visa office now that you are having a baby and will be adding it to your application. This means that your visa issued to you before baby is now invalid and you must return it to the visa office, add your baby when born and get new visas including the baby as well.

There is no point in saying that your wife is not coming with you at this point. Immigration really does not care if she comes with you or not. If you have left her on your file as accompanying you, she will get her visa too for as long as it's valid. If she manages to land before the expiry date of this visa, that's fine. If she doesn't, you will have to sponsor her for PR.

Aug 30, 2015
Leon said:
You may not land on a visa that did not include the baby after the baby is born. This is seen by immigration as misrepresentation or hiding the fact that you have a baby. It is a serious thing and can cause you to lose your PR if you do this or at the very least, you would be barred from ever sponsoring your baby.

If you know you are unable to land before the baby is born, you need to inform the visa office now that you are having a baby and will be adding it to your application. This means that your visa issued to you before baby is now invalid and you must return it to the visa office, add your baby when born and get new visas including the baby as well.

There is no point in saying that your wife is not coming with you at this point. Immigration really does not care if she comes with you or not. If you have left her on your file as accompanying you, she will get her visa too for as long as it's valid. If she manages to land before the expiry date of this visa, that's fine. If she doesn't, you will have to sponsor her for PR.
Dear Leon thanks for your valuable opinion which is always very helpful. As I am in the similar kind of situation, I just want to take your expert opinion on the option that if before landing I inform CIC about pregnancy of my wife with Medical Certificate and request them to allow both of us extension in time for landing as I can’t land alone and also I can’t leave my wife in such a condition. Probable few risks of this option which are coming to my mind are as follows, (kindly put your comments if these risk are valid or just over exaggerations of my mind or if I am missing any other aspect as well).
1. CIC may ask me to re-submit my application in new scheme (Express Entry) as they had already issued PR Visa under FSWP-2014.
2. They may consider application in FSWP- 2014 and can allow me to inform them after the birth of child to re-start processing and re-submission of the followings:
*Updated Forms with new all new family member, birth certificate of newly born with passports
*Updated Medicals for all family members (because medical is valid for one year)
*Revised bank statements and proof of funds
*Revised letter of experience from all employers
*NEW IELTS (because as per guide, IELTS is valid for 2 years and shall during all this renewal process)
*Updated Police certificates (PC) related to area of residence (because as per PC it is valid for 6 months)
*Or any other risk, which is not in my mind and you are aware of it based on your experience.

Please advise.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talking_Silence said:
Dear Leon thanks for your valuable opinion which is always very helpful. As I am in the similar kind of situation, I just want to take your expert opinion on the option that if before landing I inform CIC about pregnancy of my wife with Medical Certificate and request them to allow both of us extension in time for landing as I can't land alone and also I can't leave my wife in such a condition. Probable few risks of this option which are coming to my mind are as follows, (kindly put your comments if these risk are valid or just over exaggerations of my mind or if I am missing any other aspect as well).
1. CIC may ask me to re-submit my application in new scheme (Express Entry) as they had already issued PR Visa under FSWP-2014.
2. They may consider application in FSWP- 2014 and can allow me to inform them after the birth of child to re-start processing and re-submission of the followings:
*Updated Forms with new all new family member, birth certificate of newly born with passports
*Updated Medicals for all family members (because medical is valid for one year)
*Revised bank statements and proof of funds
*Revised letter of experience from all employers
*NEW IELTS (because as per guide, IELTS is valid for 2 years and shall during all this renewal process)
*Updated Police certificates (PC) related to area of residence (because as per PC it is valid for 6 months)
*Or any other risk, which is not in my mind and you are aware of it based on your experience.

Please advise.
Situations can be similar but the answers depend on the details. How far along is your wife in her pregnancy? Do you already have the visa's?

If you don't already have the visa's, you can notify the visa office about your wife's pregnancy and that you intend to wait for the baby and add the baby to the application.

If you already have the visa's, it is possible that the visa office would say that if you have plenty of time to land, with your wife or without her, before the baby is born, that your file is closed and they will not issue you a new visa and you will have to apply again. However, they should actually not say that as a visa can be re-issued as long as you haven't landed yet and you could probably appeal it but it may take time and be stressful for you.

If you already have the visa's but you are so short on time that you can not manage to land before the baby is born, the visa office will probably get mad at you for not notifying them of the pregnancy earlier.

Normally they should assess you under the old application standards and you just re-do any forms that have changed with the addition of the baby and send the baby's fees and get new medicals for all of you. PCC's and new IELTS should not be needed.

There is however the risk of waiting that from now until the new medicals, something could happen to you or your wife that you do not pass them or it is possible that your baby does not pass them if there is anything wrong and in that case, none of you will be immigrating. However, if you land alone, leaving your wife behind, you are secure that you will get your PR and you can sponsor your wife and baby later regardless of their passing medicals or not.

farooqacma

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (LVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent all docs at once
Nomination.....
19-02-2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
13-01-2015 (SLU)
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
20-01-2015 (TLU)
Med's Request
8-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-9-2015
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
Received on 17 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued 1st December 2015
LANDED..........
Landed 24 December 2015
Dear Leon,

We are in the same situation but yet in the process of immigration and just second line update which is made on 27 August 2015, MR is still awaiting. We have two kids and after four years of my second daughter, my wife got conceived this week. The expected delivery date (EDD) would be around end April 2016 or early May 2016.

We have sent all the required docs at once, kindly update us with your valuable information on the same issue and what we suppose to do at the start of pregnancy regarding immigration process.

Thanks

Farooq

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farooqacma said:
Dear Leon,

We are in the same situation but yet in the process of immigration and just second line update which is made on 27 August 2015, MR is still awaiting. We have two kids and after four years of my second daughter, my wife got conceived this week. The expected delivery date (EDD) would be around end April 2016 or early May 2016.

We have sent all the required docs at once, kindly update us with your valuable information on the same issue and what we suppose to do at the start of pregnancy regarding immigration process.

Thanks

Farooq
You can inform them that your wife is pregnant and what your plan is, to land before the baby is born if the visa is there in time or if to wait for the baby and add to your application. Your plans may change along the way too. Maybe your wife is unable to travel and can not land before the baby is born or maybe your visas are delayed in which case you would have to add. You basically have to inform the visa office if the situation changes in that regard.

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
Hi,

I need some expert advise..

Just last Friday i received my MR meaning the deadline would be 3-Oct-15, but:

1.) my wife is 38 weeks pregnant as of now, so anytime either by this week or next week she will give birth. What do you think is the best time to do our medical, this week before she will give birth, or after she will give birth that might be next week?

2.) What's the best time to inform LVO about her pregnancy, before or after she will give birth, or during or after our Medical?

Thank you very much and any reply is much appreciated!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dems said:
Hi,

I need some expert advise..

Just last Friday i received my MR meaning the deadline would be 3-Oct-15, but:

1.) my wife is 38 weeks pregnant as of now, so anytime either by this week or next week she will give birth. What do you think is the best time to do our medical, this week before she will give birth, or after she will give birth that might be next week?

2.) What's the best time to inform LVO about her pregnancy, before or after she will give birth, or during or after our Medical?

Thank you very much and any reply is much appreciated!
Since there is no chance you will be able to land before the baby is born, you will have to add the baby to your application so in that case, you might as well inform the visa office about the pregnancy now because pretty soon it is no longer a pregnancy but a new family member. You may also inform the visa office that your wife's medicals will have to wait until the baby is born. You can however do yours now.

Once the baby is born, re-do all forms where the baby would be mentioned and send them to immigration along with the baby's birth certificate and fees.

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
Leon said:
Since there is no chance you will be able to land before the baby is born, you will have to add the baby to your application so in that case, you might as well inform the visa office about the pregnancy now because pretty soon it is no longer a pregnancy but a new family member. You may also inform the visa office that your wife's medicals will have to wait until the baby is born. You can however do yours now.

Once the baby is born, re-do all forms where the baby would be mentioned and send them to immigration along with the baby's birth certificate and fees.
Thank you very much for your reply. My confusion is what is the difference if I inform the VO now while she is still pregnant or I will inform the VO next week when she already give birth? My wife will give birth anytime from this week or next week. We just received our MR last friday (sep-4) and its state the deadline is Oct-3.

Thanks

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:

Dear Leon,

Thank your very much for your message. I would like to ask you some other questions which are as follows;

I will have my visa this week and my baby's due date is late November, I will inform Visa Office when my baby is born. Can I travel Canada alone in January/February? (My visa will expire in March 2016).

If I travel after the baby is born, do we all need to do medical again or only baby needs to do medical?

If I travel alone, how can I carry CAD$10000? Can I carry CAD$5000 cash and rest I want to show in my bank (current account) statement, is it acceptable?

Many thanks again.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dems said:
Thank you very much for your reply. My confusion is what is the difference if I inform the VO now while she is still pregnant or I will inform the VO next week when she already give birth? My wife will give birth anytime from this week or next week. We just received our MR last friday (sep-4) and its state the deadline is Oct-3.

Thanks
When I said you might as well inform them now, I really meant now as of write an email or a letter today informing them of the situation. In the meantime, you can start working on re-doing forms. When your baby is born, you send them a letter again telling them that your baby is born and the name. As soon as you get the birth certificate, you can send in the updated forms and birth certificate and ask for your baby to be added to your file.

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,
I have received my visa, I am a principal applicant. My wife is 8 months pregnant and we informed visa office, visa office advised us to update information when the baby is born. Our visa is going to expire on March 2016.

My questions are follows;

When we will add our baby's name, do we all need to do medical again? Or, only baby needs to do medical?

When we add our baby's name, how long will it take to reissue the new visa (approximately)?

Many thanks.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
Change in Family Composition or Mailing Address
You must notify VO in writing if there are or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:
 Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member, including grandchildren born to dependent children); or
 You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence; or
 Changes to mailing address/e-mail address/contact information.
Failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas and may render you and your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform CIC of dependent family members during your application processing will permanently exclude them from later sponsorship in the Family Class

(from CIC)

Neel0526

Jan 13, 2014
Kolkata
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2017
LANDED..........
05-07-2017
With the grace of almighty god, I received my PR Visa Stamped passport today. Thanks guys for your all support and help.

However, I am little more worried about my situation now. My PR Visa is valid till 21st Nov 2017 and baby expected delivery is on 10th Nov 2017. While submitting my passport for Visa stamping, I missed to inform IRCC about my expected baby and this is a complete miss from my side.

Should I inform IRCC on this with immediate effect? If yes, how?

Will it lead to misinterpretation? If I do a safe landing before delivery of my baby, should I be fine? - I am planning to land in next 2 months before 3rd trimester.

Guys please help me and provide your kind inputs.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others will correct me but if you land before the baby is born then believe you do not have to do anything given until the baby is born it would not be considered an additional family member or dependant requiring to be included on your PR application. In fact assuming you land before the baby is born and is born in Canada it will be a citizen, even then no need to inform IRCc given you would be a PR then.

Be aware though and there are other posts on this that there are qualifying periods for health cover so you may find you need to be prepared to self fund the delivery. So you need to investigate any qualifying residency requirements for health cover for example Ontario is 3 months which assuming a November delivery you may just qualify if landing by July.