+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife pregnant after receiving PR visa

mizanmomo

Apr 30, 2009
Hi,

I have received my PR visa from London office and the expiry date is February 2010. I am planning to move into Canada in November 2009. But my wife is pregnant and the pregnancy test was positive after receiving the PR visa. When I am planning to move my wife will be about 7 months pregnant. Do I need to inform the CIC, London about my wife's pregnancy? Is there any problem when landing, If I don't inform the CIC about the pregnancy? If my wife give birth to Canada, do I need to face any trouble over there? Please advise me if anybody have similar expefrience or any idea.

Thanks,

mizanmomo

juana

May 21, 2009
In case that you are planning to live in Ontario, you might want to consider that the OHIP will cover your wife only three months after your arrival. If your wife comes with 7 months pregnant, you might not have enough time to get the OHIP and be covered for the birth of the baby. In that case, you would have to pay for all the medical expenses.I do not know how does it work in other provinces.

That is my opinion, but I am not an expert at all...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not have to tell CIC unless the baby is born before your wife lands as a PR. If that happens, you would have to apply to add the baby to your file and get a new PR visa issued.

Also check out the healthcare where you are planning to move. Some provinces cover you from day 1 if you are moving from another country, AB is one of them. Most provinces have you wait for 3 months after you arrive but some of them make exceptions for pregnancy and childbirth only.

mizanmomo

Apr 30, 2009
Dear Juana and Leon,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am planning to move into Alberta. So the delivary cost in Hospital should covered by the province health care system and I don't need to pay the hospital bills. Am I right? Is there any possibilities to face any trouble by the Immigration Officer during landing if I don't inform the CIC, london about my wife's pregnancy? Please advise me.

Thanks,
mizanmomo

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think there will be any problem but you can fax them just in case. Then you can say you notified if anybody asks but as long as the baby isn't born yet, there is no way you can add it to your file so there is nothing more you can do.

falcalen

Aug 1, 2015
I have the same situation with the Thread starter. My wife got pregnant after we received our VISAs. Someone told us that we need to declare this to CIC, is this necessary? My wife will be 4 months pregnant when we land in Ontario. Any help from the experts is highly appreciated. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
falcalen said:
I have the same situation with the Thread starter. My wife got pregnant after we received our VISAs. Someone told us that we need to declare this to CIC, is this necessary? My wife will be 4 months pregnant when we land in Ontario. Any help from the experts is highly appreciated. Thanks.
No - you don't need to declare the pregnancy to CIC provided you plan to land in Canada before the baby is born.

falcalen

Aug 1, 2015
scylla said:
No - you don't need to declare the pregnancy to CIC provided you plan to land in Canada before the baby is born.
Thanks for the quick response scylla.

Is there an official document somewhere, where this is clearly stated?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
falcalen said:

I doubt it states anywhere but it does state that if your family composition changes, that means if a baby is born for example, you must notify them and add the new family member to your application. However, when she is pregnant, there is no change in family composition yet because the baby is not born yet. A baby is an individual and needs his or her own visa. A pregnant belly still does not need a visa :)

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
falcalen said:

Hi,

You can simply email them about the pregnancy and they will ask you about the due date and they'll let you know that you don't need to do anything if you're landing before your wife's due date :)

I've been through this procedure :D

Aug 30, 2015
Dear Experts,

I need your advise on a matter. I applied in Sep 2014 (not under express entry). I (principal applicant) have received my CORP and VISA for me and my spouse (dependent), while we had no child when we applied and even at the time of our medical my wife was not pregnant. After couple of months of Medical, My wife got pregnant. Now, my wife is three months pregnant, she conceived after 7 years of our marriage. Her doctor is not allowing her to travel due to some medical complications. My VISA/Medical is going to expire on March 2016.

Now, if I inform CIC about this pregnancy and my inability to travel, would they allow us extension in time and would it be easy for me to add my child in my dependents or would they consider it as a new case altogether? What difficulties should I expect and what is the best option for me? Please advise

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to talk to the visa office about your options. If they don't have a problem to reopen your case, wait for the birth and add the baby, you can do that but this is not necessarily the best option. Hopefully your baby is perfectly healthy but if it turns out that it isn't and the baby fails to pass medicals or in case something happens to you or your wife in the meantime and either of you fails to pass your re-medicals, none of you will get to immigrate.

In order to avoid this dilemma, you could land alone. As you are the principal applicant, you may do that. You must however land before the baby is born so there is no change in your family composition when you land. After you have landed, you can inform the visa office that your wife will be unable to land because of the pregnancy and ask if they will re-issue the visa for wife and baby once the baby is born. If there is any problem with that, at least you will have your PR and you will have the option to sponsor them. In this case, if your wife or baby does not pass medicals due to being considered excessive demand (something that costs too much money for Canadian health care) they would still be allowed to immigrate because they are your dependents and you will already be PR.

The downside however is that if you have to sponsor them, you may be separated for quite some time as you are expected to reside in Canada during the processing time while your wife and baby may not be given a temporary visa in order to join you and must wait in their home country for their PR.

bjazjbej

May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-13
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Interview........
23-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
God's will
My wife doesn't like to come with us this coming 1st week of September 2015. Our flight is on September 8. But this week only she confirmed that she is not coming with us. (my two kids and me). Is it ok if she will not come? Please help me.

Leon said:
You need to talk to the visa office about your options. If they don't have a problem to reopen your case, wait for the birth and add the baby, you can do that but this is not necessarily the best option. Hopefully your baby is perfectly healthy but if it turns out that it isn't and the baby fails to pass medicals or in case something happens to you or your wife in the meantime and either of you fails to pass your re-medicals, none of you will get to immigrate.
Hi everyone,

In order to avoid this dilemma, you could land alone. As you are the principal applicant, you may do that. You must however land before the baby is born so there is no change in your family composition when you change. After you have landed, you can inform the visa office that your wife will be unable to land because of the pregnancy and ask if they will re-issue the visa for wife and baby once the baby is born. If there is any problem with that, at least you will have your PR and you will have the option to sponsor them. In this case, if your wife or baby does not pass medicals due to being considered excessive demand (something that costs too much money for Canadian health care) they would still be allowed to immigrate because they are your dependents and you will already be PR.

The downside however is that if you have to sponsor them, you may be separated for quite some time as you are expected to reside in Canada during the processing time while your wife and baby may not be given a temporary visa in order to join you and must wait in their home country for their PR.

CANADA DREAMZ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2014
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGED ON 12/01/2015
Nomination.....
PER RECVD ON 20/02/2015
AOR Received.
25/02/2015
IELTS Request
sent already with application (Lis-8.5,reading 7.5, writing 7, speaking 7)
File Transfer...
26/02/2015
Med's Request
02/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Interview........
medicals received 20/05/2015 Decision made 26/08/2015
Passport Req..
PPR- 05/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/09/2015
LANDED..........
NOVember mid its white christmas for me
mizanmomo said:
Hi,

I have received my PR visa from London office and the expiry date is February 2010. I am planning to move into Canada in November 2009. But my wife is pregnant and the pregnancy test was positive after receiving the PR visa. When I am planning to move my wife will be about 7 months pregnant. Do I need to inform the CIC, London about my wife's pregnancy? Is there any problem when landing, If I don't inform the CIC about the pregnancy? If my wife give birth to Canada, do I need to face any trouble over there? Please advise me if anybody have similar expefrience or any idea.

Thanks,

mizanmomo
same case with me too, in my case my wife is pregnant for the first time, after 3 years, she is Primary applicant, she is now on 2nd month, i have got DM, now god knows about its positive or negative, so im waiting for the right time, dont know what to do?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bjazjbej said:
My wife doesn't like to come with us this coming 1st week of September 2015. Our flight is on September 8. But this week only she confirmed that she is not coming with us. (my two kids and me). Is it ok if she will not come? Please help me.
As long as your wife is not the principal applicant, you do not need her to come with you in order to land. In that case, she can land later or even let her visa expire and you can sponsor her later.

If she is the principal applicant, unfortunately, she must either come with you or land at the same time or she must land before you.