+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Pregnant after PR approved

amarspu90

Jun 14, 2017
Hi

I have a few questions regarding my PR landing your inputs would be appreciated,

We have got Copr approved on Sep 20th 2017 and have an expiry till June 6th 2018
My wife is a primary applicant and she alone planning to do soft landing in month of October first week 2017 from USA. I need some clarifications for the below questions

1. We came to know that my wife is 3 month pregnant now and expected the baby due date in April first week 2018?
2. If she does soft landing in October 2017 and come back to USA for delivery and again planning to travel back to Canada again in mid June 2018 do we have any problem in getting PR for the baby or Misrepresentation if we don't inform while soft landing?
3. Can we apply PR and health card for our kid from USA as we already done soft landing or do we need to do it in Canada Manually?
4. As a new born will be US citizen does baby needs to go all PR process again or can enter Canada directly ?

Any valuable advice in much appreciated

Thanks in Advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
2. If she does soft landing in October 2017 and come back to USA for delivery and again planning to travel back to Canada again in mid June 2018 do we have any problem in getting PR for the baby or Misrepresentation if we don't inform while soft landing?
3. Can we apply PR and health card for our kid from USA as we already done soft landing or do we need to do it in Canada Manually?
4. As a new born will be US citizen does baby needs to go all PR process again or can enter Canada directly ?
Hi

2. There is no need to inform anyone about the pregnancy before or during landing and no issues sponsoring the baby afterwards.

3. No. The parent who sponsors the child must be residing in Canada when applying and throughout the entire process. Short trips outside of Canada are allowed. You and your spouse can't apply for health coverage during a soft landing and you most certainly can't apply for coverage for your non-PR child outside of Canada. There are residency requirements to qualify for health coverage; if you apply for coverage, leave Canada and then use the coverage when you return without meeting that residency requirement, you will be committing healthcare fraud. Your child, depending on the province, may not qualify for health coverage until several months after becoming a PR.

4. The baby needs to go through the entire PR process, like any other person. As an American, s/he can come to Canada as a visitor with you while you apply. However, as I said above, the child may not qualify for health coverage for quite awhile.

You didn't say when you will be landing. Note that you must land before the baby is born, as changes to the application can't be made after the PA lands and you can't land without your child included. If you aren't able to land before the baby is born, your wife will need to sponsor you as well.

amarspu90

Jun 14, 2017
Hi

2. There is no need to inform anyone about the pregnancy before or during landing and no issues sponsoring the baby afterwards.

3. No. The parent who sponsors the child must be residing in Canada when applying and throughout the entire process. Short trips outside of Canada are allowed. You and your spouse can't apply for health coverage during a soft landing and you most certainly can't apply for coverage for your non-PR child outside of Canada. There are residency requirements to qualify for health coverage; if you apply for coverage, leave Canada and then use the coverage when you return without meeting that residency requirement, you will be committing healthcare fraud. Your child, depending on the province, may not qualify for health coverage until several months after becoming a PR.

4. The baby needs to go through the entire PR process, like any other person. As an American, s/he can come to Canada as a visitor with you while you apply. However, as I said above, the child may not qualify for health coverage for quite awhile.

You didn't say when you will be landing. Note that you must land before the baby is born, as changes to the application can't be made after the PA lands and you can't land without your child included. If you aren't able to land before the baby is born, your wife will need to sponsor you as well.
Thanks for a prompt and quick response

Myself I am planning to land next year around May 2018 as i received my PR expiry up to June6 2018.
1. When i land in Canada does primary applicant should accompany me as well or can i enter directly into Canada with my PR visa as my Primary applicant already done soft landing in October 2017.
2. If my Wife completes soft landing and i also enter into canada with in my PR expiry date. As a US citizen baby doesn't require any visa to enter in Canada right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for a prompt and quick response

Myself I am planning to land next year around May 2018 as i received my PR expiry up to June6 2018.
1. When i land in Canada does primary applicant should accompany me as well or can i enter directly into Canada with my PR visa as my Primary applicant already done soft landing in October 2017.
2. If my Wife completes soft landing and i also enter into canada with in my PR expiry date. As a US citizen baby doesn't require any visa to enter in Canada right?
1. The PA does not need to accompany you.

2. As I said, you can't land after your child is born, regardless of the validity of your documents.

amarspu90

Jun 14, 2017
1. The PA does not need to accompany you.

2. As I said, you can't land after your child is born, regardless of the validity of your documents.

One last question

1.PA will not reside in Canada while i arrive at Canada entry for my PR stamping still there will be no issues if i understood it right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
One last question

1.PA will not reside in Canada while i arrive at Canada entry for my PR stamping still there will be no issues if i understood it right?
No, it will not be an issue. It is quite normal for people to land and then return to their country to tie up their affairs.

MEREENA849

Feb 7, 2018
Can anyone help me? I am a single applicant of Quebec Immigration and 6 months pregnant too. I am planning to do delivery in India. Now I got passport request and medical will expire on 27th September 2018 my expected date of confinement is 4th June 2018.In PPR specially mentioned to update present status of the principal applicant. Is there any chance to cancel my ppr request once I update my status

whyarun_123

May 16, 2018
Hi,
We also have similar case - my wife is pregnant with delivery date (Aug'19) and our CORP is valid till May 31st' 2019.

1) We plant to do soft landing in Mar'19. I assume there is no need to mention about pregnancy during soft landing? we plan to come back to US after soft landing. Can someone please confirm if this will be OK?
2) Is it possible to extend one time resident visa expiry date (soft landing date) by additional 12 months?

thanks a lot!

tasmiacanada

Mar 4, 2020
I have a relevant question. Me and my husband are waiting for the COPR ; we are from Bangladesh.

1. If we have a baby after doing the soft landing, can we come back later with the baby? Will the baby be allowed to enter?
2. What are the visa requirements for the baby in this case?
3. How long will it take to process PR for the baby after we come back in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a relevant question. Me and my husband are waiting for the COPR ; we are from Bangladesh.

1. If we have a baby after doing the soft landing, can we come back later with the baby? Will the baby be allowed to enter?
3. How long will it take to process PR for the baby after we come back in Canada?
No guarantee that you will be able to bring the child. S/he will need a TRV. If the TRV is refused, you can try for a TRP. If that is refused, the child will have to remain out of Canada until PR. One parent must return to live in Canada to sponsor the child, which could take 6 months to a year.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015

If the baby is born after you become PR (landing), the baby will not become a PR. You will need a separate Visa for the baby to travel to Canada. The baby will also have to sponsored for PR separately, while at least one of the parent stays in Canada. If you are pregnant or planning, it is best to give birth in Canada. If the baby is born before landing, then you can add them and get COPR and Visa for the child.