+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Pregnant after PPR

Prateek007

Oct 14, 2019
Hey Everyone,

I have received PPR on 4th October but my wife is pregnant now and we are expecting a baby in First week of Dec.

Now that I have received the PPR and have 20 days left to submit the passport so should I submit it or not?

What should be my next course of action. Already in lot of confusion. Please help

TIA

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You should:

1. Submit your passports
AND
2. Inform IRCC about the impending birth of your child via the "IRCC webform" (Google this).

The reason for doing both is that sometimes they can take a few weeks to look at the email you send them, and you don't want the PPR to expire while your request is waiting in someone's inbox.

They will give you the CoPR and your visa, and then you can wait for your baby to be born - UNLESS your CoPR is somehow expiring before December (this is not very likely). If it IS expiring, the principal applicant will have to land and become a PR.

Assuming that your CoPR is not expiring before the birth of your child, you simply wait for the baby to be born, and then inform IRCC and ask them to add your child to your PR application. This will take a few months, and will require new CoPRs, but it's usually quite straightforward.

Then, once all three of you have your new CoPRs, you can make plans to fly to Canada before the new CoPRs expire.

Note that is is mandatory to inform IRCC after the birth of your child. You cannot fly to Canada with the existing CoPR after you baby is born - you can only use those before your baby is born.

Prateek007

Oct 14, 2019
That is really helpful so if my medicals will be getting expired in March'2020 and doctors won't allow the new born baby and mother to travel. I there any other way by which it can be extended?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
That is really helpful so if my medicals will be getting expired in March'2020 and doctors won't allow the new born baby and mother to travel. I there any other way by which it can be extended?
If your CoPR is expiring in March 2020, they will very probably extend the medicals when they give you a new CoPR. Alternatively, they may ask you to take another medical exam (this is rare).

You will not lose your chance to become a PR because you're having a baby, nor will they force your baby to travel when s/he's a few weeks old. They will issue you a new CoPR and you will have enough time to travel here and become a PR.

Don't worry about it. Contact IRCC and see what they tell you.

Prateek007

Oct 14, 2019
If your CoPR is expiring in March 2020, they will very probably extend the medicals when they give you a new CoPR. Alternatively, they may ask you to take another medical exam (this is rare).

You will not lose your chance to become a PR because you're having a baby, nor will they force your baby to travel when s/he's a few weeks old. They will issue you a new CoPR and you will have enough time to travel here and become a PR.

Don't worry about it. Contact IRCC and see what they tell you.
Much helpful. So now I will just go ahead and submit the passports as I have already raised webform.

Thanks a lot

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Much helpful. So now I will just go ahead and submit the passports as I have already raised webform.

Thanks a lot
I would wait 15 days. They may get back to you in that time. If you haven't heard back from them, and there's only 3-4 days left to PP request expiry, then send the passports.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
I am planning to do the soft landing in April/May
Hello Prateek. Can you please guide me based on your experience?
1jul22- baby birth
18jul22 - informed ircc about baby birth through webform
28jul22 - got a PPR for me and my wife only since the baby has not been added to the profile yet.

As of now too, i have not received reply on my webform and my baby is still not part of my application. Can u please give me some lessons from your experience?