+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife,Out of status,pregnant

Baaghi

Jul 26, 2019
Applied for restoration of status and spousal sponsorship for my Wife,(she was out of status for 3 years) in March 2020 still havent heard any process yet.
Wife is currently pregnant and due first week of Oct.
So my question is does anyone have any experience about the Alberta health care system, any type of assitance i can get, now i understand its our problem and our problem doesnt make it an emergency foe immigration.
Im just worried about the health care charges.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Applied for restoration of status and spousal sponsorship for my Wife,(she was out of status for 3 years) in March 2020 still havent heard any process yet.
So my question is does anyone have any experience about the Alberta health care system, any type of assitance i can get, now i understand its our problem and our problem doesnt make it an emergency foe immigration.
She can’t restore her status. It has been 3 years. Have you not been paying for prenatal care? Don’t think she qualifies for healthcare as the spouse of an Alberta given she is in Canada illegally.

Reactions: Gtiffen

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed it is too late to restore her status. IRCC has announce an extension on the 90 day restoration period however it only applies to those whose status expired after January 30 2020.

It's still quite possible to get PR approved while in Canada without status.

I'm not sure if health care coverage will be possible until after she has PR. Hopefully someone with enough knowledge of the Alberta program will comment.

Good luck.

Reactions: DiiDii

Baaghi

Jul 26, 2019
Thanks for reply, sorry what i mean to say is our immigration lawyer have applied for spousal sponsorship...., yes im paying for all the medical and doctors visits and test

Baaghi

Jul 26, 2019
Agreed it is too late to restore her status. IRCC has announce an extension on the 90 day restoration period however it only applies to those whose status expired after January 30 2020.

It's still quite possible to get PR approved while in Canada without status.

I'm not sure if health care coverage will be possible until after she has PR. Hopefully someone with enough knowledge of the Alberta program will comment.

Good luck.
Do you mind to kindly explain ...quite possible to get PR approved

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Alberta Health Care requires you have valid status in Canada to qualify for coverage (this includes restoration or applying for an extension). Until you have valid status, you are not eligible. That include a TRV for a spouse. As she has been out of status for several years, there is no option for health care until she receives he PR

Reactions: YVR123

Baaghi

Jul 26, 2019
https://www.alberta.ca/ahcip-eligibility.aspx#toc-2

It is pretty clear that your wife doesn’t qualify for coverage. She needed to be in the country legally which is why I assume you applied to restore her status after you realized she needed status to qualify for healthcare. Is that the reason you tried to restore her status?
She's currently out of status, in Nov 2019 we got Married and Mar 2020 we applied for spousal sponsorship, now i could be wrong but i kinda rem the lawyer mentioning in order to have PR her status has to be valid hence

Baaghi

Jul 26, 2019
She's currently out of status, in Nov 2019 we got Married and Mar 2020 we applied for spousal sponsorship, now i could be wrong but i kinda rem the lawyer mentioning in order to have PR her status has to be valid hence
Hence restoration, again i could have been wrong , and,/mis understanding

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hence restoration, again i could have been wrong , and,/mis understanding
You can apply to sponsor a spouse while they are out of status. They don't qualify for OWP. No status until she gets PR which will be way after she delivers. You should be making arrangments with your local hospital for payment if you are planning on delivering in hospital. Normally you have to pay part of the cost upfront.

Restoration is a different thing which it seems like you haven't applied for.

Reactions: Buletruck

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Dear friend, when i met her she was out of status, i loved this women dearly
Fair enough.

But you need to regularise her status to avoid such issues. I agree with canuk78, you should find out the fees for her delivery and set up a payment plan with the hospital.

Reactions: Buletruck