+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife not accompanying but her PCC required and she doesnt have a passport yet.

Sep 13, 2017
I am from India. I had applied in the express entry and got the ITA for PR application. I am married and i have applied for single PR for myself and wife not accompanying but still they require the PCC of my wife also. My wife doesnt have a passport yet and we are not able to get the PCC without her passport. Now if we apply for her passport and then apply for her PCC we will miss the application date. Kindly suggest what can be done. We have applied for her character certificate in the local police station and got that document but will that document be valid in place of PCC??

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I am from India. I had applied in the express entry and got the ITA for PR application. I am married and i have applied for single PR for myself and wife not accompanying but still they require the PCC of my wife also. My wife doesnt have a passport yet and we are not able to get the PCC without her passport. Now if we apply for her passport and then apply for her PCC we will miss the application date. Kindly suggest what can be done. We have applied for her character certificate in the local police station and got that document but will that document be valid in place of PCC??
Yes, there's no escaping PCC and medicals by putting non accompanying, it's clearly mentioned on the cic website :/. You have 90 days so start now. If you won't make it on time, decline ITA and wait for the next one. For the PCC you have to follow the steps mentioned for your country according to the cic website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp
Please read everything on the website carefully so you don't do anything wrong

Sep 13, 2017
Thank you for providing the much needed information. I have only one month left for application submission and one and a half month left for my ielts expiry. If I decline ITA my ielts will expire, I need to apply for her passport urgently I suppose.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for providing the much needed information. I have only one month left for application submission and one and a half month left for my ielts expiry. If I decline ITA my ielts will expire, I need to apply for her passport urgently I suppose.
Yes - she needs to get a passport as soon as possible.