+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife is pregnant and we are waiting for our medical.How will it affect our PR

jijuanair

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Dear Friends,

I applied for myself and my wife's Residency as a CEC candidate in March and recieved my file number on May 30th.
I am the primary candidate.

Now I came back to my home country India for vacation and waiting for mine and my wife's medical request.

Now my wife is pregnant.

How will it affect my residency application.
For example when i get my medical request.....My wife being pregnant ,will she be allowed to take medical?

Or can i do my medical and she can do it later and join me afterwards?

Please help us to know what will be the process...Thanks in advance everyone

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
The medicals include an x-Ray so you'll need to find a doctor willing to do them, assuming you want to do them.
Otherwise, your wife does all the other parts of the medical and the x-Ray after the birth.

I am unsure if you can go ahead - hopefully others will add their thoughts

nesta37

May 21, 2013
No experience myself but I have a friend that was going through this while pregnant, she got her medical request while she was 8 months pregnant and she went to do the X-ray. She said the nurse was hesitant but she said it ultimately was her decision. They put a jacket over her belly + we have other friends that needed to have X-rays done for medical reasons during pregnancy and it did not harm the baby.
So if you both are comfortable with it - I don't see a reason for a delay - as it didn't delay anything for my friend.