12-07-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
sweet jelly said:
Did anyone here applying as a student visa and their spouse is OWP? What is the passing rate?
Well, there is another poster who got thru. We will be applying for the entire family also.
Good luck.

I think if you make a strong case and your choice of programme is strong you will be ok.

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
scotchy007 said:
Well, there is another poster who got thru. We will be applying for the entire family also.
Good luck.

I think if you make a strong case and your choice of programme is strong you will be ok.
May I know what is your spouse reason why she wants to go with you and apply for a working permit.

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
One can apply for Open work permit for spouse while applying for student visa?? and for this we need to fill a seperate form other then TRV??

Best Regards

scotchy007

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-07-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
sweet jelly said:
May I know what is your spouse reason why she wants to go with you and apply for a working permit.
We are a young family and a young couple. I want to complete a four year degree, I dont think it would be healthy that we be separated for that long. Also, him applying for a work permit will allow him to support my education and also get some international work experience.

scotchy007

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-07-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014

momieRN

Mar 17, 2013
Hi! my husband and I got our visas last january 18 2013 and I am on a study visa and my husband's on OWP. However, we have a little boy who's 6 yrs old and we did not included him on our visas as of now because we need to convince the visa office of a strong tie with the home country (since we will be leaving our only son). But we have plans to take him after a year important is both of us are already stable because I still need to study you know the tuition fee for an international student it's expensive. And yes, you both have different forms to fill up and give to the visa office you will be applying to.

NadiaSamir

Nov 2, 2011
momieRN said:
Hi! my husband and I got our visas last january 18 2013 and I am on a study visa and my husband's on OWP. However, we have a little boy who's 6 yrs old and we did not included him on our visas as of now because we need to convince the visa office of a strong tie with the home country (since we will be leaving our only son). But we have plans to take him after a year important is both of us are already stable because I still need to study you know the tuition fee for an international student it's expensive. And yes, you both have different forms to fill up and give to the visa office you will be applying to.
U applied from India.

Ails

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
momieRN said:
Hi MomieRN

Can you help me with my study plan.My husband will also be coming with me. Thanks. Can you give me advice how can we get a visa?

Thanks

Nash_jam

Mar 18, 2013
Hi,

Can one partner go on a student visa and later after 3-4 months the other partner comes visit on a tourist visa and changes the Status in Canada.

I to am planning on going to Canada for studying.

Thanks.

momieRN

Mar 17, 2013
Ails, best advice be ready with your funds and make sure you have a strong family tie left in your country, best example is like me I will be leaving my son but of course, that's part of the plan he will go with us soon. For now, let them see that you will come back, all of us desires to have an immigrant visa to Canada, well, most of us, some would really just like to study.

NadiaSamir, I applied here in the philippines..

You can try visiting the website at cic,gc.ca, mkjmadathil... if you will be granted a tourist visa as long as you can find an employer who will accept you then you can do working permit application not sure though with the owp..

momieRN

Mar 17, 2013
Swweettt Jeelllyy,,, yup naging reason ang strong family tie ko eh maiwan ko anak ko no choice pagdating naman dun gagawa na lang ng paraan kung panu masunod ang baby namin.. pati sa funds and most of all prayers. Nag fasting ako as in para lang makuha ang VISA naming mag-asawa truly God is a Wonderful God..