+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife got pregnant after passport request | can she deliver outside Canada?

prashcanadavisa

Jul 11, 2014
My wife has got pregnant and we are waiting for passport request. Given no support system, no relatives, no job in Canada, we are planning to land in Aug for couple of weeks primarily to secure PR card and the come back for delivery which is expected in the early next year..

Is it fine to deliver baby outside of Canada and add him/her later on? What are the issues?
Please suggest.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
If the child born in Canada then child will get Canadian citizenship by birth.

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
prashcanadavisa said:
My wife has got pregnant and we are waiting for passport request. Given no support system, no relatives, no job in Canada, we are planning to land in Aug for couple of weeks primarily to secure PR card and the come back for delivery which is expected in the early next year..

Is it fine to deliver baby outside of Canada and add him/her later on? What are the issues?
Please suggest.
You'll have to sponsor the child to come live with you later on. Besides arranging for the necessary documentation for sponsorship application, I guess the other issue will be the processing time for sponsorship application.
You can try the option to apply for TRV for the child if you decide to return to Canada before sponsorship application is finalized.

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
prashcanadavisa said:

Please suggest.
when did she got pregnant?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashcanadavisa said:

Please suggest.
If you land and get your PR cards and then have a baby outside of Canada, the baby will have no Canadian status. You will NOT be able to bring the child back to Canada with you unless it has its own visa. You cannot "add him later on" because your application is closed when your visas are issued.

You will need to file a family sponsorship application for your baby. There is no way to know how long this will take, but from your name I am guessing you are from India and in that case you are looking at a minimum of 18 months. There is also no guarantee that it will be approved. You'd better become very familiar with the family sponsorship application process to ensure it will go smoothly and that you will qualify.

It's a far better idea to have the baby in Canada, and it will have citizenship from birth.