+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wife falls pregnant after her PR application is submitted

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
I've received my COPR. However, due to change in marital status after receiving COPR I had re-submitted the necessary documents as well as submitted my wife PR application too in August 2019.
Now she's recently fallen pregnant (5 weeks). We're close to receive our COPR since it's already close 4 months.

Do I need to inform CIC that my wife has fallen pregnant? Will they ask for any extra medicals to be performed?

If information about pregnancy is shared to CIC, will there be any delay in processing of our both PR applications?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
She has 'become' pregnant, not 'fallen'. Take good care of her so that she doesn't fall. :)

There is no need to inform CIC. When is her due date? When do you plan to actually move to Canada after your receive COPR? Will she be able to deliver in Canada?

Reactions: hgunawa

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Yes, we plan to move after we receive COPR which I’m expecting in few weeks.
I’m thinking to send her back to home country for delivery since mean while I can look for a job in Canada.

What would be the consequences if he lands in Canada and then goes back to home country for delivery?

How much time does it take for my child’s visa processing after her delivery at home country ?

My child will be eligible to get PR if he’s born in my home country ?

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Probably her delivery will be in June or July 2020 since the doctor hasn’t confirmed the date since it’s too early to say (she’s 5 weeks pregnant now).

Thanks for the above feed back and suggestions.

jaySil

Nov 30, 2018
Yes, we plan to move after we receive COPR which I’m expecting in few weeks.
I’m thinking to send her back to home country for delivery since mean while I can look for a job in Canada.

What would be the consequences if he lands in Canada and then goes back to home country for delivery?

How much time does it take for my child’s visa processing after her delivery at home country ?

My child will be eligible to get PR if he’s born in my home country ?
Congrats on the baby.
There wont be any consequences if she lands and goes back.
But always get doctors recommendation. Sometimes they may restrict her travel during the first or the last trimesters. Even with a positive note from the Drs, travelling while being pregnant will be hard for her. So it would be very hard for you to plan the trip. Also, there is no guarantee that you will get PR within 6 months. You may get it next week or you may have to wait for another three months.
Another thing to consider is that some provinces does not provide health coverage for the first three months. Thus, if you guys deliver the baby while in Canada or encounter any complications in pregnancy, it will be very expensive.

These are just some random thoughts and you have to decide by considering all the options.
All the best !

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
The child if born outside Canada, will not automatically become PR. You will have to sponsor the child while you (at least one parent) must remain in Canada. Sponsorship application itself is not very difficult, but it does take anywhere between 6 to 12 months. The child cannot travel to Canada during this period. (Unless you apply for visitor Visa and the child gets it, it will be unlikely)

Better alternative is to deliver in Canada, so that the child automatically becomes Canadian citizen. Depdending upon doctor's advice, it may be okay to travel up to the second trimester. When do your medicals expire?