+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife emotional abuse - Canada spouse PR

RR2022

Apr 17, 2022
After my wife sponsered my spouse PR, I moved to Canada in Mar 2021 from USA where I was working under H1B Visa, later I find her so abusive, physically and emotionally. On every fight if I stood up, she starts emotionally attacking saying, You came to Canada because of me, you got a good life, received PR etc, also she started threatening me to report it with fake allegations of Domestic abuse. Am so mentally stressed and cant concentrate on anything, Can someone please help me, how to handle this situation

myreplies1975yh

May 2, 2023
After my wife sponsered my spouse PR, I moved to Canada in Mar 2021 from USA where I was working under H1B Visa, later I find her so abusive, physically and emotionally. On every fight if I stood up, she starts emotionally attacking saying, You came to Canada because of me, you got a good life, received PR etc, also she started threatening me to report it with fake allegations of Domestic abuse. Am so mentally stressed and cant concentrate on anything, Can someone please help me, how to handle this situation
While it is very unfortunate that you are being subject to emotional torture, the first step I would advise is to calm your own nerves first, so you wouldnt become part of the problem. Other people react all the time. You are accountable for yourself, so try to compose yourself first. This is very difficult to do, and I empathize with you, it will take some time. It is very difficult to calm our own nerves down, but with practice it will come. Maybe at the begininning of abuse, just go to another room or walk away. Go to a peacful location in the house building, street etc each time this happens., Second step, go and get family counselling or if you are working for an employer there would be free counselling services through your health and wellness. Third, find something to focus on like a sport or friend circle(do things you enjoy).

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Here, you can take a look at this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/fees-permits-victims.html

The TRP part doesn't apply to you as you already have PR status, but you may still use the resources recommended.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
leave!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You posted about this over a year ago why haven’t you left?

Reactions: Copingwithlife

myreplies1975yh

May 2, 2023
You posted about this over a year ago why haven’t you left?
One would leave when they realize that the benefit of leaving is much more than it is going to cost them. Maybe there is something at stake for the man. I feel maybe that person is waiting for something.