+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife creating problems & i am afraid of not getting my initial PR card! Plz help

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
I second slavasz.
Your wife(and you) will come under the eye of immigration officers by initiating divorce procedures so soon. It is best if both of you co-operate in the initial months. If possible stay in the same home and go to a marraige counseller and also a legal counseller(both will put a dent in your pocket though).
Tell your wife that she'll jeopardize her chances too if she divorces you so soon.

slavasz said:
It is not very wise of your wife to do this. Because it is easily can be interpreted as fraud. Actually, since her intention of NOT divorcing you BEFORE she got her visa, because she would loose the points hence not being eligible, in order to land and obtain PR is. As soon as you explain your situation to the immigration authorities they will cancel BOTH your PR and send you back home.
First of all she is jeopardizing her status herself. You tell her to get her senses, not to loose her mind over it. She must understand that you both are in it TOGETHER until you divorce.

And as others said, it is actually does not make any sense of her to not give you your PR card, because you can ask CIC to send you a new one to a different address.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slavasz said:
It is not very wise of your wife to do this. Because it is easily can be interpreted as fraud. Actually, since her intention of NOT divorcing you BEFORE she got her visa, because she would loose the points hence not being eligible, in order to land and obtain PR is. As soon as you explain your situation to the immigration authorities they will cancel BOTH your PR and send you back home.
First of all she is jeopardizing her status herself. You tell her to get her senses, not to loose her mind over it. She must understand that you both are in it TOGETHER until you divorce.

And as others said, it is actually does not make any sense of her to not give you your PR card, because you can ask CIC to send you a new one to a different address.
Agreed. Make your wife understand that both will loose out if any one of you is affected so don't be selfish??

Another point is this woman cheated on you since last july 10 and only for getting her own visa she convinced you to come to canada. What were your thoughts initially and now?? As you said you didn't want to come to Canada earlier and only because your wife lied to you so you came here?? Do you still want to live in Canada or want to go back??

I think you have to think about it carefully that you are only in Canada because of some one's lies. If I was you I would have told immigration authorities the truth and get them my wife's visa and my own visa cancelled and returned to my country because I hate liers and cheaters and I don't want want to live a life which is based on cheating and lies.

Thanks

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIT007 said:
Thanks for all of your suggestions. Now i am getting some confidence. But i am kind of upset now as she has just used me in this whole process of the immigration...i would have been eligible by myself without her and i had no such intention to get the PR only through her, that is why i didnt submit my passport with her initially and she got rejected by the VO in Singapore...it hurts you know, i loved my wife a lot. Anyway what to do......i hope i will be able to come out from this asap and start a fresh new life accordingly...please keep me in your prayers....

SIT007
Be a man my friend. Don't be saddened more and don't give her a chance to let you down more. As I already said to you, tell immigration officers the truth and make her visa and your own visa cancelled and return to your own country and start a new life there based on truth. Its not worth living in Canada based on lies. If you live in Canada this thing will keep hurting you and you will never forget. This is true she only used you and now its your turn to make a move.

Also make this woman understand that you are a strong character and this visa means nothing to you and only your dignity is important to you. Come back to your country and start a new life.

I left my girl firend more or less the same reasons but I am happier than before.

Thanks

BillyG

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/12/2010
AOR Received.
12/03/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hi.

First question is... do you want to continue living in canada or go back home.... if the answer is canada then change the address so the PR card will come there ...

If you want to go home then take the whole ship down..... approach CIC office tell them the whole story and tell them how she used you to come to canada... You can go back home and let her fight in the courts which not only will be time consuming but expensive as well...... double whammy....

she is cheating on you so take her down....

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nano24482 said:
I second slavasz.
Your wife(and you) will come under the eye of immigration officers by initiating divorce procedures so soon. It is best if both of you co-operate in the initial months. If possible stay in the same home and go to a marraige counseller and also a legal counseller(both will put a dent in your pocket though).
Tell your wife that she'll jeopardize her chances too if she divorces you so soon.
I agree with you guys, she thinks she is clever, never she will also be in problems, if she divorces him right away. The whole thing is she has no clue of the problems that can also affect her, that is why she is behaving the way she is doing. Why did she not divorce him and qualify on her own and follow her immigration process on her own?

When a child cries in the midnight, the child thinks he or she is disturbing the mother, little or not knowing that the cry can make him sick for days. Not only the man will have problems both of them will suffer the consequences.

I really wish she could understand and calm down herself and listen to advice.

hope things are sorted out for you my friend.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
BillyG said:
Hi.

First question is... do you want to continue living in canada or go back home.... if the answer is canada then change the address so the PR card will come there ...

If you want to go home then take the whole ship down..... approach CIC office tell them the whole story and tell them how she used you to come to canada... You can go back home and let her fight in the courts which not only will be time consuming but expensive as well...... double whammy....

she is cheating on you so take her down....
agreed...SIT007 you need to take a decision first whether to live in Canada or not.

If you are not interested to live in Canada , then take proper ride for her to struggle.

If you want to live in Canada, change the address for PR Card.

Life is short to live.......make it simple.

Regards
Cool

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
SIT007 said:
Dear All:

This is SIT here. I am a new landed immigrant in Canada and its been just 18 days i have landed here. I have just received my SIN number only and got a job yesterday. I have come here as a dependant spouse under FSW category and my wife was the principle applicant. Now the problem is after landing my wife is creating problems with me and telling me to divorce her as she doesnt want to continue the relationship any more. For your information we are living separately right after the day we have landed in Canada. We were having some problems since since last july'10 and at that time i didnt want to come with her in Canada. But later on she forced me to do that as she promised me that everything would be fine after coming over here. Then i thought she was telling the truth and go ahead as the Visa Office refused her to issue VISA without me (she claimed 5 points for me under the adaptibility, otherwise she wouldnt have been qualify for 67 points!!) as initially i didnt submit my passport to Visa office but she submitted her own passport and got refused by the Singapore Visa Office. After submitting her passport the Visa Office send her an e-mail stating that they cant issue her Visa alone and they require my passport within the next 30 days otherwise they will close the file. Later on i submitted my passport with the print out of that e-mail and we both have got the VISA within next 15 days. Now after the landing she is giving me pressure to divorce her and also refusing to give me my PR card as the address is her uncles address and i may not get my PR card anyway this time. I am in a mess my friend. Please let me know what can i do now to retain my PR status and my human rights in Canada. She is also threatening me by saying that the law is at her side as she is a woman and she can kick me out by saying anything. I am in need of a urgent help. Please advise me.

SIT
Hi SIT,

Sorry to learn of your current predicament but I must 100% agree with Pittabread, if all you have told us is true. Your wife has misled you and, more relevant to this case, she has defrauded CIC. She claimed points for you as an accompanying spouse with no intention whatsoever of continuing the marriage once settling in Canada.

Since you've only now become aware of your wife's true motives you are still an innocent party here, and I believe that if you tell the truth to the immigration authorities now you at least will not face any criminal charges, and can continue your life with a good conscience. They will probably disqualify both you and your wife, but your wife may even face criminal charges for fraud and deception.

Bottom line is your wife used you to get a PR visa on false grounds - honestly, she doesn't deserve one. There are many honest and decent people who want PR visas but may be unable to get them.

My advice would be to tell the authorities the truth, and see what they say. Since you are the innocent party they MAY even allow you to keep your visa, although I certainly wouldn't count on it.

And her threat of kicking you out by saying anything is ludicrous. If anyone has more to lose by saying anything it is her. In all likelyhood both of you will be kicked out, since neither of your qualify without your marriage to each other - but she also has potential charges of fraud and deception looming over her....

Very best of luck with it,
Wayne.

SIT007

Apr 6, 2011
Thanks for all of your suggestions friend....i left my job (i used to work for a multinational telecom company back home) & as everything was fine until landing i thought she has changed and we can start a fresh new life over here, but it was not like that...anyway now i have to go for a decision...thanks for all of your suggestions. I need all of your blessings to over come this situation in my life.

SIT007

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
SIT007 said:
Thanks for all of your suggestions friend....i left my job (i used to work for a multinational telecom company back home) & as everything was fine until landing i thought she has changed and we can start a fresh new life over here, but it was not like that...anyway now i have to go for a decision...thanks for all of your suggestions. I need all of your blessings to over come this situation in my life.

SIT007
I wish you all the best and hope it all works out.

My best advice is just stick to the truth, and tell the authorities exactly what has happened. Lies will always come back to bite you, and that is not truer in many other avenues of life than immigration! :)

It is better your wife does not steal this chance to get into Canada fraudulently, and if you are truthful now but are still determined to go to Canada you can maybe try to secure a job offer and apply by yourself under FSW Category 2.

Wayne.

lyn2011

Apr 13, 2011
Marriage built on lies and deception leads to divorce, which breaks my heard to see couples go through. First of all, lets don't blame one person bcos it takes two to tangle. Hearing both sides of the story will make a better judgement on this issue. How long did u know ur wife before u married her? Any children yet? Remember, CIC are not to be joked with when it comes to marriage fraud, which in this case will be interpreted as that. You had so many opportunities to report her to CIC if this wouldn't favor u as well such as "We were having some problems since since last july'10 and at that time i didnt want to come with her in Canada", " But later on she "forced me" to do that as she promised me that everything would be fine after coming over here" Hmmm really? "Visa Office refused her to issue VISA without me".
I'm not passing judegement on you, but to let you know that CIC will need more strong evidence not to fine u as well. You both will be deported for sure if CIC suspects marriage fraud. I will advice you two to seek marriage counselor for help. Only women who protrait themselves as powerful and dominant can behave like she does, but truely inside, they are fearful with low self-esteem. Know that the best counselor in this world is GOD. Pray and do ur best, then leave the rest to GOD
I wish both of u the best!!

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
I wish you all the best and hope it all works out.

My best advice is just stick to the truth, and tell the authorities exactly what has happened. Lies will always come back to bite you, and that is not truer in many other avenues of life than immigration! :)

It is better your wife does not steal this chance to get into Canada fraudulently, and if you are truthful now but are still determined to go to Canada you can maybe try to secure a job offer and apply by yourself under FSW Category 2.

Wayne.
Very well said. Agreed...