+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife as Principal Applicant but not working

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Hi experts,

I have a query, we are going to apply under EE with my wife as principal applicant. she worked as an Accountant for 4 years and 3 months and just resigned last month for further studies (Preparing for CA).
Now she is unemployed currently. In this circumstances, can we apply based on her 4+ years of past experience as an Accountant or she ( as a principal applicant ) has to be on job ( Employed ) when applying ?

Please advise.

darkenny

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
Hi experts,

I have a query, we are going to apply under EE with my wife as principal applicant. she worked as an Accountant for 4 years and 3 months and just resigned last month for further studies (Preparing for CA).
Now she is unemployed currently. In this circumstances, can we apply based on her 4+ years of past experience as an Accountant or she ( as a principal applicant ) has to be on job ( Employed ) when applying ?

Please advise.
Yes

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi experts,

Please advise.
Hi

She can apply based on her previous experience. She is not required to be employed.

nadirakazi

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
I am not working for last two years, I applied as the Principal Applicant as my Husband's age deducts a lot of points. Previously I had three years work experience. I applied and got ITA, I consulted with an agent before, they told me I would not get ITA as I am currently not working, but my husband filled up the form saying there is nothing to loose..so at least I got an ITA ..don't know if they will accept me or not as a PR, so I can't give you a 'sure go ahead' but if your target is one step at a time and securing an ITA for the moment I'll suggest 'Hell Yeah' :)

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Many thanks all for your valuable suggestions.

So I'll be proceeding with my wife's previous work experience only.

Thanks

Bella00

Nov 11, 2020
Good day to all,

I am an indian born and raised in Saudi Arabia. I completed my Law degree in India and my ECA report from IQAS has accredited the same. After My degree I got married and moved back to Saudi Arabia where I have been working as an English & Social teacher for Secondary school since 4 years without work permit. As my status on IQAMA says Dependent. (The process of work permit is on going and will take very long time as offices are closed due to Covid)
My Company has provided stamped experience letter along with letter of recondition and I have salary statements to prove my work.
My Question is:
I am the primary applicant for our Canadian immigration. Will this status affect my application? Can I claim points for work? Or will I be rejected?

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Good day to all,

I am an indian born and raised in Saudi Arabia. I completed my Law degree in India and my ECA report from IQAS has accredited the same. After My degree I got married and moved back to Saudi Arabia where I have been working as an English & Social teacher for Secondary school since 4 years without work permit. As my status on IQAMA says Dependent. (The process of work permit is on going and will take very long time as offices are closed due to Covid)
My Company has provided stamped experience letter along with letter of recondition and I have salary statements to prove my work.
My Question is:
I am the primary applicant for our Canadian immigration. Will this status affect my application? Can I claim points for work? Or will I be rejected?
If the company that provided the letter is legit and the form is up to CIC standards than most probably you will be fine. Usually they don't get into details like your work permit in Saudi Arabia.

Bella00

Nov 11, 2020
Extremely grateful for your swift positive reply.
I’ve been worried to death as I am already in the pool with a CRS of 475.

To be honest, I am still quite unsure because while submitting PCC of KSA, it will clearly state my occupation which will say unemployed. Any idea about this?

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Extremely grateful for your swift positive reply.
I’ve been worried to death as I am already in the pool with a CRS of 475.

To be honest, I am still quite unsure because while submitting PCC of KSA, it will clearly state my occupation which will say unemployed. Any idea about this?
Honestly, i've never come across a PCC that mentions the status of your employment. I can't answer either ways but we can speculate. CIC use police certificates to assess criminality which is done separately from eligibility. In my opinion it is farfetched that they tie them together and red flag your eligibility based on what the police certificate says about your employment, but again, this is only a speculation. Good luck!

Bella00

Nov 11, 2020
I just have one other quick question:

Is the PCC requested by CIC at a later stage as in after submitting the eAPR for ITA or along with the documents check list for verification ?

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I just have one other quick question:

Is the PCC requested by CIC at a later stage as in after submitting the eAPR for ITA or along with the documents check list for verification ?
It should be submitted with the documents required in the checklist after you get the ITA, but in some cases a PCC from a certain country takes up to 6 months to be issued and this is when an exception can be made and you can submit it later.