+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife arriving in Canada as Permanent Resident under Spousal Sponsorship

cmk2

Oct 3, 2006
Need some help from you guys.

My wife will soon be landing in Canada arriving as a Permanent Resident under the Spousal Class. She intends to wire the majority of her funds from overseas into my Canadian bank account.

I have read somewhere when you are coming in under the Skilled Worker class that you must prove that you are bringing sufficient funds on you at the port of entry.

In my scenario, does she need to show that she has money on HER at the port of entry? or can she show details of the wire transfer to the Customs Officer? or may be that does not even matter.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hi

cmk2 said:

My wife will soon be landing in Canada arriving as a Permanent Resident under the Spousal Class. She intends to wire the majority of her funds from overseas into my Canadian bank account.

I have read somewhere when you are coming in under the Skilled Worker class that you must prove that you are bringing sufficient funds on you at the port of entry.

In my scenario, does she need to show that she has money on HER at the port of entry? or can she show details of the wire transfer to the Customs Officer? or may be that does not even matter.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
It don't matter, as she is not carrying the funds, she doesn't have to inform Customs, the Banks do that on wire transfers.

PMM

farahqa

Apr 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
March 2011
cmk2 said:

Can anyone help?

Thanks
No, she does not.