Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Hi. I m PR from May 2018. I am getting married this Nov in India. My bride to be had 3 Canada rejections on her passport in the last 4 years. Also note that for those visa’s her aunt was her sponsor. I propose to apply for her visitor visa right after our wedding so that we can spend some time until the spousal sponsorship is applied. Also someone mentioned dual intent. What is that

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi. I m PR from May 2018. I am getting married this Nov in India. My bride to be had 3 Canada rejections on her passport in the last 4 years. Also note that for those visa’s her aunt was her sponsor. I propose to apply for her visitor visa right after our wedding so that we can spend some time until the spousal sponsorship is applied. Also someone mentioned dual intent. What is that
You can try but such visas are also commonly refused. A visitor visa is for temporary visiting not for living. They may think your wife wants to live here....which actually is what she wants to do. She wants to live here until her PR is finalized. She is not really a genuine tourist in that sense. So they could refuse. Its not impossible though as people do get approved.
Because of the refusals on her end your spousal file might also be scrutinized further. With refusals in such a short time it could seem that she is desperate to come to Canada and that she is just marrying you to come to Canada. So its probably not a good idea to apply for your visa before your spousal sponsorship is in place. In my opinion you should apply your spousal as soon as possibly can, wait until you have been approved as a sponsor and then try to for a visa.

Reactions: Andy_ready

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The TRV will almost certainly be refused based on the past refusals and the fact that IRCC will know you have plans to bring her to Canada long term. I would forget about applying for the TRV and focus on sponsoring her for PR instead as your spouse once you have returned to Canada.

Reactions: Andy_ready