+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why the spousal visas get delayed?

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
I am new to dis site.
Plzzzz help me by replying to my post.
i'm married to a canadian citizen in 2008. my husband applied my application on 20th oct 2010 to canadian high commission in canada.
they started prossessing on my application in May in 2012. asked new applications of some of them & medical again in May 2012. then turned to "decision made" in sep in 2012 & Sponsership has been approved. & they have sent my papers to colombo office in sep 2012. then asked again some documents in march 2013. I sent them on time. i have sent 2 times the medical reports as they are expired within 1 year and also, 3 times the police reports as they've asked from me as they are expired within 6 monthes. thats ok.
bt i'm worring now is, I hv a chid of 4 years from my husband and he already has got his citizenship though he was born in sri lanka.
And he has to go to school too. i check every day the cic website about "my application status" but still its mentioned "application received" for permanent residents. what can I do?
my husband & my self in a big stress & child is soo worrying about his daddy. he asks his daddy in every minute in his life.
my husband wants to come to sri lanka to stay with us but has to earn for the taxes too. its a hell around everybody's lives now in my family & i'm almost 43 now.
when can we start our lives together as a family, if the immigration delaying the prosses of our applications like this?
plzzzz reply me over here & give me a gud suggestion for my situation.
thnx

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. You are still well within the processing times for the Colombo office, which is 16 months. As Colombo received your app in Sept 2012, you shouldn't expect a decision from them until around Dec 2013. It is possible a decision might be made sooner than that but there isn't anything that can be done to speed up the application.

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
So sorry to hear of your situation, but is unfortunately VERY common and you are kind of at their mercy. Agreed with the above post, if you are still below the expected/posted waiting time, then there is NOTHING you can do to speed up the process. Yes, you need to ensure your documents are all there, and that your police and medicals are up to date. If they expire during this whole process, then unfortunately, you might have to redo them and resend them....they usually tell you if this is needed, but again, sadly, it makes your process go on longer. Basically you just have to wait and wait and wait which is very hard on any family - I guess you need to think about long term goals and why it is you really want to move you and your child to Canada. Is what you hope to gain by living here more important than the time (years) you have to spend away from your husband? You really need to talk about it together as a family and come up with a solution. It's really impossible to see the end right now I know, but think of it as a short term sacrifice for a long term gain and hopefully a more promising future for your child. Will you be "happier" living in Canada? That's debatable, as honestly I think people in developing countries are happier people than those in the developed. There are definitely more opportunities and better public education/health care, infrastructure; you'll make more money and be able to send some home to family etc.... Thnk about it though, you're already a year into your process, so the end is very near....you just have to try to hang in there and keep yourself busy and keep in contact every day with your husband and stay focused on your long term goal. You'll make it, eventually...stay strong and best of luck!! =)

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
I'm confused. Did your stage one take two years to be completed (Filed October 2010, file transferred to regional VO in September 2012)?

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Thnx canuck-in-uk
but i'm worrying abut the period they wasted to get it to process (almost 1 1/2 years) and i dnt know dat they'll take mo time mo than 16 months to make it done.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
steph816 said:
So sorry to hear of your situation, but is unfortunately VERY common and you are kind of at their mercy. Agreed with the above post, if you are still below the expected/posted waiting time, then there is NOTHING you can do to speed up the process. Yes, you need to ensure your documents are all there, and that your police and medicals are up to date. If they expire during this whole process, then unfortunately, you might have to redo them and resend them....they usually tell you if this is needed, but again, sadly, it makes your process go on longer. Basically you just have to wait and wait and wait which is very hard on any family - I guess you need to think about long term goals and why it is you really want to move you and your child to Canada. Is what you hope to gain by living here more important than the time (years) you have to spend away from your husband? You really need to talk about it together as a family and come up with a solution. It's really impossible to see the end right now I know, but think of it as a short term sacrifice for a long term gain and hopefully a more promising future for your child. Will you be "happier" living in Canada? That's debatable, as honestly I think people in developing countries are happier people than those in the developed. There are definitely more opportunities and better public education/health care, infrastructure; you'll make more money and be able to send some home to family etc.... Thnk about it though, you're already a year into your process, so the end is very near....you just have to try to hang in there and keep yourself busy and keep in contact every day with your husband and stay focused on your long term goal. You'll make it, eventually...stay strong and best of luck!! =)
thnx steph816
i understand what u say.
actually sri lanka is better to live than Canada. its easy to live here. i'm happy to live here too.
but as my hudband is a canadian he wants to live in canada & wants to give the education to our child in canada. so, he is soo missing his child as well as the child. & mine either. my husband has come over here & stayed for several times in sri lanka with us. and also the cic is asking the same documents what we have already sent. we have submitted all the documents what they have asked in the very first time when we applied too. that also no problem with us. but my husband cant come & stay with us for long time as they are asking abut the income required for a spousal visa. both of us are now in a big stress as my child is asking his daddy to come to him every single time he is calling his daddy over the phone or skype. and i dont know what else they need from us (documents) bcoz, we have sent all the documents what they needed from us. theres nothing short.
do u have any idea for dat?

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
blueboom said:
I'm confused. Did your stage one take two years to be completed (Filed October 2010, file transferred to regional VO in September 2012)?
yes I applied on 20th oct 2010. but they dint take it to be processed till one year finished. then my husband was keep on calling them. then only they started to process it in May in 2012. then on that time they have changed their rules & regulations & asked us to resend some of the applications & asked da police report & the medical again. they have approved the sponsorship & sent my application to colombo office in sep 2012.
still they dnt show as its "in process" but only "application received" in their web site for my permanent resident visa.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gango girl said:
I am new to dis site.
Plzzzz help me by replying to my post.
i'm married to a canadian citizen in 2008. my husband applied my application on 20th oct 2010 to canadian high commission in canada.
they started prossessing on my application in May in 2012. asked new applications of some of them & medical again in May 2012. then turned to "decision made" in sep in 2012 & Sponsership has been approved. & they have sent my papers to colombo office in sep 2012. then asked again some documents in march 2013. I sent them on time. i have sent 2 times the medical reports as they are expired within 1 year and also, 3 times the police reports as they've asked from me as they are expired within 6 monthes. thats ok.
bt i'm worring now is, I hv a chid of 4 years from my husband and he already has got his citizenship though he was born in sri lanka.
And he has to go to school too. i check every day the cic website about "my application status" but still its mentioned "application received" for permanent residents. what can I do?
my husband & my self in a big stress & child is soo worrying about his daddy. he asks his daddy in every minute in his life.
my husband wants to come to sri lanka to stay with us but has to earn for the taxes too. its a hell around everybody's lives now in my family & i'm almost 43 now.
when can we start our lives together as a family, if the immigration delaying the prosses of our applications like this?
plzzzz reply me over here & give me a gud suggestion for my situation.
thnx
Well I don't understand unless there was any obvious/major reasons step 1 for sponsor approval takes more than 18 months.
Why didn't your hubby contact your MP for the delay in stage 1 sponsor approval. its more common to get a decision for stage 1 at the max 2 months as per current timeline.

Hope you have little more patience to wait for your COPR if you decide to move to Canada . Good luck

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
mickeyindia said:
Well I don't understand unless there was any obvious/major reasons step 1 for sponsor approval takes more than 18 months.
Why didn't your hubby contact your MP for the delay in stage 1 sponsor approval. its more common to get a decision for stage 1 at the max 2 months as per current timeline.

Hope you have little more patience to wait for your COPR if you decide to move to Canada . Good luck
thnx mickeyindia for the reply
they took our papers to process after 18 months after we called called after 1 year. then only they took the files to process. my hubby called MP then only it was done. now the sponsorship is approved & my papers are in my country but not yet "in process". both of us pray the god to make us live together soon. thnx keep in touch to exchange our details with each other

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi gango girl,

It is Eagle333 again. I am very touched with your situation as I red it but all I still don't understand is Step 1 is the most shortest one than step 2, why your hubby did contact CIC Mississauga and ask them how far they have reached with his application? I know you have come a long way and you cannot return back and cannot stop, the good news is that you reaching your destination soon. Be strong and God will do something.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
gango girl said:
Thnx canuck-in-uk
but i'm worrying abut the period they wasted to get it to process (almost 1 1/2 years) and i dnt know dat they'll take mo time mo than 16 months to make it done.
Sometimes, an application just gets lost in the system and CIC needs a little bump to get it going again, which is what looks like happened to yours. I know it's not what you want to hear but as the others have said, your husband should have contacted his MP at the beginning of 2011 when you guys still didn't have sponsorship approval. There's nothing to do about it now except wait out the rest of this year for your decision.

gango girl said:
is anybody know why the cic take long time to give the spousal visas? though we are genuine spouses?
CIC doesn't know that you are a genuine couple; they get a lot of fraud applications and have to be very strict in reviewing all applications to prevent these criminals from entering Canada. Your whole application should have taken about 1.5 years, which isn't too long to get permanent residency. That initial 18 months for sponsorship approval should have only been a few months.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Eagle333 said:
Hi gango girl,

It is Eagle333 again. I am very touched with your situation as I red it but all I still don't understand is Step 1 is the most shortest one than step 2, why your hubby did contact CIC Mississauga and ask them how far they have reached with his application? I know you have come a long way and you cannot return back and cannot stop, the good news is that you reaching your destination soon. Be strong and God will do something.
Hi Eagle333
thnx for the reply. my husband told if we call & call & call & ask them all the time, they will delay the procesing. so we waited till one year finished. then started calling. then only they started to process it, & then again they told that there are some incomplete application & asked us to fill them & send them back with a new medical & new police report.
we sent & contacted the MP there. after about 4 months it was done & sponsorship was approved. & sent my application to my country to process for the PRV. & again they asked me to send another police report as the earlier one may be expired & our communication details with each other , my children's birth certificates. all what i've sent them earlier. but i sent them back to them. but its not yet "in process". still "application received" for the PRV. we are praying the god to make all these go on right soon to let us live together. thnx

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gango girl said:
Hi Eagle333
thnx for the reply. my husband told if we call & call & call & ask them all the time, they will delay the procesing. so we waited till one year finished. then started calling. then only they started to process it, & then again they told that there are some incomplete application & asked us to fill them & send them back with a new medical & new police report.
we sent & contacted the MP there. after about 4 months it was done & sponsorship was approved. & sent my application to my country to process for the PRV. & again they asked me to send another police report as the earlier one may be expired & our communication details with each other , my children's birth certificates. all what i've sent them earlier. but i sent them back to them. but its not yet "in process". still "application received" for the PRV. we are praying the god to make all these go on right soon to let us live together. thnx
Well , now we know what was the problem.
I don't know who gave a bad idea for your husband to wait for 1 yr before he can push CIC.
Dear sister , well there is a processing time published in CIC website for STAGE 1 and also same for Stage 2 (sri lanka VO).

Well, i really wish your application gets processed soon.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
mickeyindia said:
Well , now we know what was the problem.
I don't know who gave a bad idea for your husband to wait for 1 yr before he can push CIC.
Dear sister , well there is a processing time published in CIC website for STAGE 1 and also same for Stage 2 (sri lanka VO).

Well, i really wish your application gets processed soon.
thnx mickeyindia
yes we dint think about dat dear. thats our bad luck. what to do now. gone is gone. now pray for the rest. do u have any idea that they would give visa within the time they have mentioned?
thnx again.
plzzzzz keep in touch