+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why submit additional documents when it is not mentioned on visitor visa chklist

bdave1982

Jun 20, 2012
My family (mother and my brother) are about to apply for visitor visa to Canada to visit me. I am in Canada on work permit and I have previous travel history to US. My mother too has previous travel history to US. However my brother does not and he just recently got a job. I have gone through this forum and found most of the applications rejected on account of not enough financials or not enough ties back to India.

When I check the document checklist provided on CIC website it clearly mentions required documents for proof of employment and funds and not to submit additional documents unless requested. My question is :

a. if it says so why do we need to submit proof of assets, family ties since it has never been asked of in the document checklist ?
b. for a stay of 2 weeks to Canada what would be the appropriate amount to show on application ? Is 4000 CAD sufficient (it matches the amount shown in bank statements)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
People send those in anticipation as they unsure of getting the visa and the possibility of them asking for it. As for the funds, I don't think it's the time limit and funds required, even if you say you are going for 2 weeks, the immigration will stamp 6 months

The point is to show proof that the visitor will return back and although circumstances change - family ties, property papers, travel history etc shows that a person will "probably" return