+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why PR in Ontario is tough?

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
I think the perception that PR is tough in Ontario happens because it surely is not easy. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the difficult level varies from medium to hard, it all depends on the qualifications and aspirations of each person.

Immigrating is not an exact science. It's not an experiment you can replicate if you follow the correct steps, because everyone is different, each case is assessed individually. Of course, there are laws and eligibilities that kind of set the basic parameters, but just because your neighbour/friend/colleague got a PR in Ontario it doesn't mean you are also going to get it too.

If you want to immigrate to Ontario you have to know yourself and know if you have what it takes to succeed. No one can tell you what do and no advice is really good. People say “go to AB” or “go to SK”, but only you can know if that advice fits your case.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
yumirdci said:
Who told you that CEC will be gone??
well by gone i mean not any tom dick or harry can apply for CEC if they satisfy their requirement.....now people will have to wait for their number to come up in addition to fulfilling CEC requirements... ...again its not clear which professions will be given priorities and when one's number comes up is also not clear so very unclear so cant depend on CEC as we could have done before ..like get 1year exp and file CEC and forget about province PNP.....if CEC remains as before then it again strengthens my argument that PR wont depend on the province .....if ur program is good and u get a job PR would follow.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
mead said:
..like get 1year exp and file CEC and forget about province PNP.....
Almost everyone filed CEC when they had a job (which means a job offer of course)
It was then, and it will be with Express Entry. If you have a job in a skilled category - you ll get PR even easier than before in ANY province, doesnt matter. Just read the rules more carefully.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
yumirdci said:
Almost everyone filed CEC when they had a job (which means a job offer of course)
It was then, and it will be with Express Entry. If you have a job in a skilled category - you ll get PR even easier than before in ANY province, doesnt matter. Just read the rules more carefully.
i dont know if u can understand the ambiguous part about express entry
will any one with any job offer be given ITA will a pizza delivery boy be offered ITA since he has a job? probably not. then who would get ITA? people who rank first based on their profile? its not clear yet it will be once the system launches. atleast its not yet clear to me

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
mead said:
i dont know if u can understand the ambiguous part about express entry
will any one with any job offer be given ITA will a pizza delivery boy be offered ITA since he has a job? probably not. then who would get ITA? people who rank first based on their profile? its not clear yet it will be once the system launches. atleast its not yet clear to me
I wrote "skilled jobs" (noc). There is no wonder you don't understand what is written under Express Entry on the CIC website, if you can't read peoples messages.

It will be the same CEC, PNP, FSW, but THROUGHT express entry. Requirements will be the same.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harpreet1990singh said:
The thread is about Why Ontario is tough for PR? Not about criticise Ontario. I also agree that PR is tough in Ontario than other province.

Ontario is favourite of everyone. Everyone likes to go Niagara Fall.
Yea, we ontarians go to niagara falls every week.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so that means that doing odd jobs while you are studying will have negative impact on PR application. :(

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Depends on the profile. If the profile of the student is good, Ontario will have opportunities. But, the average students pursuing Diploma or PG Diplomas in Ontario Colleges find difficulty to get the job which will make them eligible for PR in PNP or CEC.