+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is security not starting?

Oct 6, 2019
Deeply frustrated :(
My application didn’t move an inch in the last 1-2 months. They aren’t doing security. Why? I saw this “security not started” thing in so many posts, even with June and July AORs.

If you had this issue and eventually got your PPR, please can you tell me how long after “security not started” info did you get your PPR?

Many thanks
Did you guys got ur pr

aor : july 28th 2020
9 months completed
When i called ircc they said everything is passed just security check not yet started

since one month they are saying the same thing not even an inch is moving

Reactions: Sitrarose

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
Did you guys got ur pr

9 months completed
When i called ircc they said everything is passed just security check not yet started

My AOR july 26 - everything passed except security from march 02 2021. As i read other threads - security not started because IRCC waiting answers from CBSA and CSIS. And this check can take up to 18 month, but most of applicants passed in 2-9 month.

I have no answer when it will be done or why my application has delay in security check.

Last edited:

Mehkal

Nov 13, 2020
My AOR july 26 - everything passed except security from march 02 2021. As i read other threads - security not started because IRCC waiting answers from CBSA and CSIS. And this check can take up to 18 month, but most of applicants passed in 2-9 month.

I have no answer when it will be done or why my application has delay in security check.
I’m on board w you.
Inland April 2020 AOR - eligibility and criminality passed but security has not been initiated. I think we’re all in security screening.
Another assumption is that there is something wrong w our background checks that halts IRCC from starting security. I personally have an unfinished PhD. I Left school to work in the industry. I’m almost thinking that this is adversely affecting my application.
In the end tho all are just an speculation. It might be simple administrative delays too. But either way it’s difficult to bear this situation...At this point I’m ok with refusal. Please just make your decision and put and end to this nightmare...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dnrvl

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
At this point I’m ok with refusal. Please just make your decision and put and end to this nightmare...
Hell yeah. This is exactly what i message them 3 times in contact web form - give me any sort of timelines for this decision.

I need IRCC decision or TIMELINES!! If IRCC have any problems with my application and want to decline it - i`m ok with it. But make a decision or give me exact date when it will be done.

But always get same answer "bla-bla-bla due to Covid we are so busy and cannot give you any timeline about your application"

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Just wanted to comment here that I've also contacted IRCC numerous times and requested multiple GCMS notes, and my security has not yet started. That's the final phase. I was told they're not referring security checks for processing at this time, but I wasn't given a reason. I wonder what's going on.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
I am in the same situation as you guys, I called IRCC and asked about my statue but she said security has not started.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Did you guys got ur pr

9 months completed

mine medical expired, criminality in process, security not started while I am in the 14th month.

afalyat

Apr 28, 2021
I was told they're not referring security checks for processing at this time
They're not even referring them for processing? This horrific! It means we are waiting for nothing! Our applications are completely stagnant!

Here's my situation:
AOR on March 18, 2020.
GCMS notes: Security not started. Criminality in progress. Info sharing in progress. Eligibility passed.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I’m on board w you.
Inland April 2020 AOR - eligibility and criminality passed but security has not been initiated. I think we’re all in security screening.
Another assumption is that there is something wrong w our background checks that halts IRCC from starting security. I personally have an unfinished PhD. I Left school to work in the industry. I’m almost thinking that this is adversely affecting my application.
In the end tho all are just an speculation. It might be simple administrative delays too. But either way it’s difficult to bear this situation...At this point I’m ok with refusal. Please just make your decision and put and end to this nightmare...
Mine is straightforward without any issues. Inland CEC and April 2020 AOR. Criminality in progress and security not started since aug 2020

Amritkaur1441

Jul 20, 2020
They're not even referring them for processing? This horrific! It means we are waiting for nothing! Our applications are completely stagnant!

Here's my situation:
AOR on March 18, 2020.
GCMS notes: Security not started. Criminality in progress. Info sharing in progress. Eligibility passed.
Did your medical pass again? after extension?