+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is security not starting?

rhodacalimlim

Dec 18, 2020
Methinks I'm on the same boat. Any news from the people who posted in 2019? I received my CBSA notes recently. It turns out that the CBSA received a request for my security check in Feb 2019 with a due date for Feb 2020. However, my security check has still not started (Jan 2021).

Is there anyone else with a similar case?
Hi, have you received your PR? We are on the same situation, due date should be Feb 2020, but up to now security check has not yet started

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Guys, Guys, Guys. Keep it easy.

When Criminality is "passed" automatically they will run your security check, this can take between 2 days to 2 years depending on YOUR records. If you have travel to some countries (red flag countries), if you have relatives or connections with people that has been identified as a terrorist or with problems in any other country.... that will take time.

Usually Security does not show "In progress", because is something that IRCC does not control. It is done by the CBSA and the CSIS, they do the analysis according with the information provided by the ally countries (FBIA, CIA, INTERPOL, etc). The average is 2 weeks.

The best option is to order the GCMS notes, this triggers actions, why? because the officer needs to review the file before sending the notes, and that might trigger other pending actions. You can order this notes every month if you want. The officer CA NOT take negative actions on your file, he will get fired if he does.

So, usually that's why you won't see in this last process the "in progress" status... it will jump automatically to PPR. (If you have paid your PR fee).

So remember... after MEP, BCS (Criminality), PCC (Police Clearance) is done an review... give it 1 or two months and request the notes every month.
Know this is an old post but something about it is not right.

This statement is not accurate, no such thing will happen by requesting Gcms Notes .

It's a myth created and purported by some/one GCMS provider

The best option is to order the GCMS notes, this triggers actions, why? because the officer needs to review the file before sending the notes, and that might trigger other pending actions. You can order this notes every month if you want. The officer CA NOT take negative actions on your file, he will get fired if he does.

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Guys, Guys, Guys. Keep it easy.

When Criminality is "passed" automatically they will run your security check, this can take between 2 days to 2 years depending on YOUR records. If you have travel to some countries (red flag countries), if you have relatives or connections with people that has been identified as a terrorist or with problems in any other country.... that will take time.

Usually Security does not show "In progress", because is something that IRCC does not control. It is done by the CBSA and the CSIS, they do the analysis according with the information provided by the ally countries (FBIA, CIA, INTERPOL, etc). The average is 2 weeks.

So, usually that's why you won't see in this last process the "in progress" status... it will jump automatically to PPR. (If you have paid your PR fee).

So remember... after MEP, BCS (Criminality), PCC (Police Clearance) is done an review... give it 1 or two months and request the notes every month.
I must comment here as well because I got my COPR a few days ago. Ordering GCMS notes doesn't trigger actions. As a matter of fact, the page for requesting the GCMS notes states that ordering GCMS notes doesn't speed up your application.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I must comment here as well because I got my COPR a few days ago. Ordering GCMS notes doesn't trigger actions. As a matter of fact, the page for requesting the GCMS notes states that ordering GCMS notes doesn't speed up your application.
Thanks for your input and congrats!

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
PNP , AOR- Sept-2019 .
6 months ago, when I ordered GCMS notes, I saw the officer retracted some sentences and my security has not started yet.

I wd like to ask, apply for CBSA or another gcms notes, which one would be suitable for the situation? thanks

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
PNP , AOR- Sept-2019 .
6 months ago, when I ordered GCMS notes, I saw the officer retracted some sentences and my security has not started yet.

I wd like to ask, apply for CBSA or another gcms notes, which one would be suitable for the situation? thanks
If you are interested in the details of security then request the Gcms Notes from CBSA

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Deeply frustrated :(
My application didn’t move an inch in the last 1-2 months. They aren’t doing security. Why? I saw this “security not started” thing in so many posts, even with June and July AORs.

If you had this issue and eventually got your PPR, please can you tell me how long after “security not started” info did you get your PPR?

Many thanks
can you please mention in how much time after security not started you got final decision of your application

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
can anyone have idea in how much time after criminality, eligibility, passed but security not yet started
does application take to reach upto final satge?
thanks in advance

T_AM

Dec 28, 2017
EE Econ-PASSED, ****ADMISSIBILTY*****SECURITY: **File pending security review**

what does it mean in My GCMS NOTES under Officer Review section

chopra.amit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Nov-2019 AOR, FSW-O, Security not started yet. All is because of the COVID-19 delays. they are not processing files I believe.