+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is oath delaying?

xan97

Apr 7, 2015
Hi everyone.

I'm from Montreal. I have passed my citizenship test in January. The other ones who have passed that month got there oath ceremony after a week or two. But mine is delaying. I don't know why this is delaying. They had also asked the proof of residence before test in November (also failed first test in November).I also called them but they didn't answers the question. So can anyone let me know why this is delaying?

Thanks.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why are you surprised? This is CIC that we are dealing with! There are thousands of people like yourself that are in the same situation. If you received A residence questionnaire chances are you could be waiting 3 to 4 years.

xan97 said:
Hi everyone.

I'm from Montreal. I have passed my citizenship test in January. The other ones who have passed that month got there oath ceremony after a week or two. But mine is delaying. I don't know why this is delaying. They had also asked the proof of residence before test in November (also failed first test in November).I also called them but they didn't answers the question. So can anyone let me know why this is delaying?

Thanks.

cberger

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Why are you surprised? This is CIC that we are dealing with! There are thousands of people like yourself that are in the same situation. If you received A residence questionnaire chances are you could be waiting 3 to 4 years.
agreed. I know it sucks but that seems to be the case for a lot of people

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xan97 said:
Hi everyone.

Thanks.
it will take at least 3-4 months,. asked them if the Judge approved your application, then just wait for your oath. I took my exam June and oath October

cberger

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am assuming you passed the test. What did the officer reviewing your file say to you?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have had RQ, then presumably there will be delays for each step.
Call CIC to find out what is the current status of your file and maybe ask your local MP for help.

xan97

Apr 7, 2015
I sent them the RQ Documents in Nov and i pass my interview and written test in Jan. Visa officer said we have your all file and documents here if we need anything,we send u letter if we need anything. but since i pass both oral and written test i dont heard from them anything. Is it going to be a lengthy period or something else?
Secondly, my PR is going to expire in July, should i send application for renewal?
Please let me know about this case and any chance of refusal after sending them RQ documents?
Thanks.

cberger

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i would think you should be fine if you meet all the criteria and have proviided them with everything they asked for, it shouldn't be refused.
as far as renewing your pr card that really depends on your situation. I wrote my test in early November and my pr card was expiring mid March, my passport was expiring mid February, I didn't renew either, my oath is at the end of this month. However,I knew that I won't be traveling out of country anytime soon plus i wanted to save the money.

jagdev

Apr 16, 2015
hi everyone

i need help well i passed my test 19march 2015 and officer ask me to send last four year RQ and my tax paper etc i send them all paper work next day so anybody now why the ask me RQ after my test not before ? it anybody in same boat and how long it will take to get my oath letter please help thank

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question for all citizenship gurus here, does it matter or is there a track record with cic (especially those ppl working on the citizenship applications) of ECAS inquiries made by us candidates?? And or of all the candidates here what is the average hits (ecas status check) each day by a typical candidate, please share your experience.

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
DodgeCharger said:
Question for all citizenship gurus here, does it matter or is there a track record with cic (especially those ppl working on the citizenship applications) of ECAS inquiries made by us candidates?? And or of all the candidates here what is the average hits (ecas status check) each day by a typical candidate, please share your experience.
I only check my ecas status once a day in the morning as I realized that if there are any updates to ecas it will tend to be overnight and not during the middle of the day.

If I understood your question right, as for CIC keeping track of candidates checking ECAS status, I highly doubt there is such a system. The officers working on our files probably do not care how often the candidate checks ECAS. If their IT department wanted to check a candidates login history to ECAS then that is something they can probably retrieve from the system.

danishsoomro

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
London, United Kindom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th October, 2010
AOR Received.
7th Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
7th Feb, 2011
Med's Request
18th March, 2011
Med's Done....
30th March, 2011 PCC + RPRF reached 7th April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10th May, 2011....Same time ECAS = Decision made....
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Submitted 2nd June, Collected 16th June, 2011 (IN PERSON at LONDON VO)
LANDED..........
September, 2011 inshAllah
I think ECAS is updated once a week on Tuesday night. So please dont waste time checking everyday :) its not gonna do anything.

CIC WEBSITE:

Note that the Client Application Status tool is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays.

Good luck everyone :)