+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is my CSR score that low?

Jim_Ca

Oct 29, 2017
I calculated my points using an online tool, my score is only 365. Can I go to Canada with this score?
I have a BA degree, 3 years of experience outside Canada and 7.5 overall IELTS score, and 33 years old, why is my score so low? And how come my immigration consultant approved my case?

Edit: IELTS score (L8.5 R6.5 W7.0 S7.0)

Last edited:

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
I calculated my points using an online tool, my score is only 365. Can I go to Canada with this score?
I have a BA degree, 3 years of experience outside Canada and 7.5 overall IELTS score, and 33 years old, why is my score so low? And how come my immigration consultant approved my case?

Edit: IELTS score (L8.5 R6.5 W7.0 S7.0)
Because of your level of education and reading score in IELTS. Your consultant approved your case because you qualify for EE and he\she wants to earn . Unfortunately, even though you qualify, you have really slim chance to get ITA with this score.
Improve your IELTS and your score will jump up.

Reactions: Jim_Ca

bastiaandg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Indeed try to get your IELTS score up. If you improve reading to a 7 I think you already get the full bonus points for your work experience.

Points awarded for language max out at L8.5 R8.0 W7.5 S7.5

Reactions: Jim_Ca

Jim_Ca

Oct 29, 2017
Because of your level of education and reading score in IELTS. Your consultant approved your case because you qualify for EE and he\she wants to earn . Unfortunately, even though you qualify, you have really slim chance to get ITA with this score.
Improve your IELTS and your score will jump up.
But Isn't a 4 years university degree enough?