+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why in the hell does the ontario government want 400 points for Human Capital?

ferop456

Jan 14, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have over 350 points why in the hell the government of Ontario wants 400 points?

Any reasonable idea???????????? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's an arbitrarily chosen number - they could well have chosen 391 or 413. This is just another expression of the deeply rooted fascination that we humans have for multiples of 10 which unarguably derives from us having evolved from primates that just happened to have 10 digits on hands/feet.

On a serious note, no one can answer this question because no one knows for sure. I understand your pain though - try and improve your score where possible and hope for the best.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Though not very encouraging for all those below 400, including me, I'm glad that the Ontario government has set their benchmark. They might or might not have a rationale behind doing so. However, it relieves all those below 400 from expecting absolutely anything from Ontario with regards to PNP so that other avenues could be explored.

Also, the Federal government might consider publishing their minimum point requirement. It will save a multitude of hopeful people money and time. It's frustrating ....

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ontario gets the majority of immigrants anyway, thats why Ontario PNP is generally restrictive. So its kind of a miracle that they're even bothering with EE at all. And its totally at their discretion who they nominate to come, obviously they're going to look for applicants with high human capital scores, means they're educated, have good English and some work experience. They're the ones most likely to do well in Canada. Sorry, but its the truth.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
Ontario gets the majority of immigrants anyway, thats why Ontario PNP is generally restrictive. So its kind of a miracle that they're even bothering with EE at all. And its totally at their discretion who they nominate to come, obviously they're going to look for applicants with high human capital scores, means they're educated, have good English and some work experience. They're the ones most likely to do well in Canada. Sorry, but its the truth.
I have read somewhere on the OOPNP page that an applicant has to pay $1500 fees for this program and it is non-refundable.

So, when does it become required to pay this fees??
I think, this is the PNP fees they are talking about or it is something else.
And if during the CIC process of PR application, if candidate could not sail through the entire process and got rejected, then this fees will not be refunded.

Is this something like this??

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
erable_rouge said:
Though not very encouraging for all those below 400, including me, I'm glad that the Ontario government has set their benchmark. They might or might not have a rationale behind doing so. However, it relieves all those below 400 from expecting absolutely anything from Ontario with regards to PNP so that other avenues could be explored.

Also, the Federal government might consider publishing their minimum point requirement. It will save a multitude of hopeful people money and time. It's frustrating ....
You are right. CIC must not keep us in dark. NZ does the right thing in this regard.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
ferop456 said:
I have over 350 points why in the hell the government of Ontario wants 400 points?

Any reasonable idea???????????? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
I would say that most people over 400 points have either
a) good work experience history
b) good english results
c) high levels of education

All three of the above would be good indicators of ability to assimilate into the province.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
sraj07 said:
Hi ferop456,

Do OOPNP Human capital , will come down below 400 anytime ?
Hope it does....but doesn't seem like.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
somewhere in this forum I saw they will take 2700 candidates for OOPNP Human capitals ...So once these candidates are invited , will they be still in EE general pool competing with us ?? :) .

Yes, for sure there will be more than 2700 people with more than 400 score , so no way OOPNP human capital will bring down the point below 400

Also will OOPNP itself like an mini CIC EE pool ? like they send invite to more than 2700 people and filter the top 2700 candidates for the program or they will send the invite only to 2700 people and take them all.?

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
I am very much certain now that they dont want to bring the EE points below 450.

Earlier it was hard or rather impossible to get nomination from Ontario now with the introduction of this program they are giving 600 points for the qualified.

Well why 400 points, because they want to select the PGWP holders or people who are on TRV who are not getting ITA due to LMIA and are not willing to move from Ontario.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
erable_rouge said:
If CIC is communicating with Ontario, then it would make sense that Ontario is not going to pick a number that CIC will go under any time soon (there would be no point and it would waste their PNP invitations).

If CIC is telling Ontario as much as it tells us, who knows?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
munjal said:
I have read somewhere on the OOPNP page that an applicant has to pay $1500 fees for this program and it is non-refundable.

So, when does it become required to pay this fees??
I think, this is the PNP fees they are talking about or it is something else.
And if during the CIC process of PR application, if candidate could not sail through the entire process and got rejected, then this fees will not be refunded.

Is this something like this??
Yes, the OO PNP fee has always been $1500 ($2000 if you're in the general Foreign Worker class the GTA). This is not the fee just for the new EE program, but for all of the OO PNP program.

It is true that there is no guarantee with CIC, but getting an OO nomination would be as good a guarantee as it gets.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Yes, the OO PNP fee has always been $1500 ($2000 if you're in the general Foreign Worker class the GTA). This is not the fee just for the new EE program, but for all of the OO PNP program.

It is true that there is no guarantee with CIC, but getting an OO nomination would be as good a guarantee as it gets.
Ok thank you jes_ON for your reply. :)

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
They have to set something to reduce the amount of application, otherwise anyone who have one year exp from any corner of the world can apply for it, so what about the people who live and work in ontario and paying taxes?? It is not a lucky fraw where everyone is welcome and get nomination, actually I personally believe its the best PNP programme in all the provinces of Canada who indeed do justice to the one who truly deserve it.