+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why have proof of funds been requested for CEC ITA?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Yes I know but I'm not applying under FSW, I'm applying under CEC but they've still been requested. My point was that the new system automatically generates requirements for documents that are not needed for particular candidates. This will probably be fixed over time but we are the guinea pigs for the new system so have to contend with all its flaws

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Conor9900 said:
You don't get points for funds, they're only relevant if you're going to be invited under FSW and you are not already in Canada. The ITA letter says that you should consider rejecting the ITA if your circumstances have changed and your points have reduced - this is not the case here - they will not reduce if you remove your funds. It's your call of course but I am comfortable changing my funds to 0 - if they want proof that I have the figure I originally put down, I can provide it.

It think it's just another of the (many) flaws in the new automated system, they shouldn't even be requesting proof of funds for CEC applicants but the system is automatically generating it on the checklist because we put a figure down
Does it show in the ITA under which stream you are invited? Do you mean you can select the stream you like by doing this after you get an ITA (e.g. Currently my profile is eligible for both FSW and CEC). I want to be clear whether do I need to change fund to zero before I receive an ITA if I want to be invited for CEC.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to do it before ITA. If you get an FSW invitation and then set your funds to 0 it will disqualify you unless you have an LMIA.