OR

does it mean the applicant gave incorrect information when they granted PR

OR

there are same name and DOB people in Canada

OR

it is chosen by randomly

OR

it is just bad luck
well if you dont have finger print in Canada they will ask you to do your finger print before you get anything from Canada not only in Canada but all around world need finger print from you if they give you some rights to live thier country,and there is many reason for finger print if they suspicious any thing from you they gona look for your finger prints maybe all around the world or otherwise still your finger prints will be check here and in USA to see you have any records

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
Richard11 said:
well if you dont have finger print in Canada they will ask you to do your finger print before you get anything from Canada not only in Canada but all around world need finger print from you if they give you some rights to live thier country,and there is many reason for finger print if they suspicious any thing from you they gona look for your finger prints maybe all around the world or otherwise still your finger prints will be check here and in USA to see you have any records

are you serious

then why in this forum some people get requested and some of then not requested for finger print.

Reactions: Kanusaab22

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
Richard11 said:
you are incorrect

one of my friend got citizenship application approved without asking finger print.

you said :if you dont have finger print in Canada they will ask you to do your finger print before you get anything from Canada

1000% incorrect

some of them requested some of them not

to be honest i don't know cic do like this

but i am sure, not every body requested for finger print

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
For many applicants, a fingerprint request has minimal impact on processing, a little delay while the applicant responds to (provides) the fingerprints, and beyond that processing is routine.

Fingerprint requests may be triggered by many of the things alluded to, including simply to distinguish similarly named persons (such as where DoB or other identifying information is coincidental), and including random (quality control) requests.

Any concern IRCC has about verifying the applicant's identity could lead to a fingerprint request. Which is to say, perhaps the main reason for a fingerprint request is simply so that IRCC can definitively confirm the identity of the applicant. Assuming the fingerprints accomplish this, and they should, no problem, back to an essentially routine process.

While I would not phrase things in the same manner as Richard11, the gist of that response may also be true for some, just some, that is for this or that or whatever reason, IRCC may request fingerprints for the record, so to say, to have a definitive identity record. But many if not most of us never submitted fingerprints to CIC or IRCC, and did not need to do so in the citizenship application process either.

A criminal charge related FOSS or RCMP record hit is the likely trigger for a fingerprint request for some applicants, but either the applicant should already be aware of this (having had the law enforcement or court contact involved) OR this too could be about a similar name and done to distinguish the applicant from someone with a similar name and criminal record. Or this can happen if the applicant had some sort of charge which is dismissed or dropped or is otherwise one so minor as to not require a declaration of it in the prohibitions part of the application, but still shows up as a hit in the RCMP name-records query (and thus in FOSS as well). Similarly, U.S. charges can trigger a hit, and again even if the charge is so minor that the applicant did not need to disclose it.

Obviously, CSIS could respond with a fingerprint request, to the referral for the Security Clearance, which IRCC would then make to the individual applicant. If there is a security reason for the request, obviously this is one of the circumstances which could lead to a longer delay in processing.

BUT mostly, for most applicants who are asked to submit fingerprints, it is just a small bump (short delay) in the process and NOTHING to worry about.

Reactions: PEQ2013

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
dpenabill said:
For many applicants, a fingerprint request has minimal impact on processing, a little delay while the applicant responds to (provides) the fingerprints, and beyond that processing is routine.

Fingerprint requests may be triggered by many of the things alluded to, including simply to distinguish similarly named persons (such as where DoB or other identifying information is coincidental), and including random (quality control) requests.

Any concern IRCC has about verifying the applicant's identity could lead to a fingerprint request. Which is to say, perhaps the main reason for a fingerprint request is simply so that IRCC can definitively confirm the identity of the applicant. Assuming the fingerprints accomplish this, and they should, no problem, back to an essentially routine process.

While I would not phrase things in the same manner as Richard11, the gist of that response may also be true for some, just some, that is for this or that or whatever reason, IRCC may request fingerprints for the record, so to say, to have a definitive identity record. But many if not most of us never submitted fingerprints to CIC or IRCC, and did not need to do so in the citizenship application process either.

A criminal charge related FOSS or RCMP record hit is the likely trigger for a fingerprint request for some applicants, but either the applicant should already be aware of this (having had the law enforcement or court contact involved) OR this too could be about a similar name and done to distinguish the applicant from someone with a similar name and criminal record. Or this can happen if the applicant had some sort of charge which is dismissed or dropped or is otherwise one so minor as to not require a declaration of it in the prohibitions part of the application, but still shows up as a hit in the RCMP name-records query (and thus in FOSS as well). Similarly, U.S. charges can trigger a hit, and again even if the charge is so minor that the applicant did not need to disclose it.

Obviously, CSIS could respond with a fingerprint request, to the referral for the Security Clearance, which IRCC would then make to the individual applicant. If there is a security reason for the request, obviously this is one of the circumstances which could lead to a longer delay in processing.

BUT mostly, for most applicants who are asked to submit fingerprints, it is just a small bump (short delay) in the process and NOTHING to worry about.
Many thanks I like your last sentence

But I can promise if you are not requested finger print when you applied citizenship

Then when you will apply citizenship you may mostly chance not Cic will ask finger print requested

Thanks

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
Sorry

I mean if you r not requested finger print when you applied PR

Then most highly chance when you applied citizenship you may will not ask finger print

Thanks

Reactions: Humanshado

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
It doesn't harm to do the fingerprint without request from IRCC so that the security is already done when it is checked by the IRCC officer. If one think that the name is common and prone to criminal record similarity for name common names, background check etc.... One knows while flying in and out of the airport, extra scrutiny for some names; even while buying the property- some names have to give extra declaration.
Thumb rule could be if one thinks that the last name is common one can do the finger print with application num or UCI num; that is possible with the private commissionaires agencies accredited by RCMP. It will avoid fingerprint request by IRCC upon receipt of application and the waste of time.

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
when I volunteered in a hospital they asked for a criminal record. I went to RCMP to do it and after 2 days RCMP called me from a private number saying that you have to come for a fingerprint too! I asked why? I came to RCMP office and filled in the application paid the fees why after couple of days you guys asking me for fingerprints? the answer was you have same name and date of birth of a child molester and we want to verify. I went to the office and did fingerprints and they said keep this original fingerprints every time you deal with government and they need fingerprints bring it in and we will just do criminal check no need for fingerprints anymore AS LONG AS YOU KEEP THE ORIGINAL ONE!

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Need Canadian Pr said:
Dear all friends I have a question to you

when cic requested finger print

what does it indicate:

does it mean the applicant have criminal record

OR

OR

OR

it is chosen by randomly

OR

it is just bad luck
A lot of times it's because people have biographical data (name, date of birth, height, weight, etc...) of someone who MAY be a match for someone who may be ineligible to become a Citizen, and they just want to make sure you're not that person. John Smith born in 1975 applying in Halifax, Nova Scotia might be completely fine, but if a John Smith born 1976 in Winnipeg robbed a bank and shot someone that name will trigger the system to "request more information" because the names and dates of birth are so close. Make sense?

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need Canadian Pr said:
Dear all friends I have a question to you

when cic requested finger print

what does it indicate:

does it mean the applicant have criminal record

OR

OR

OR

it is chosen by randomly

OR

it is just bad luck
you may dont have fingers prints in Canada so they want you to have finger print ,if anything negative come up then they won't give you PR

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hi friends,
I am planning to apply for citizenship and fly back to my home country and will come back when they will call me for the test. Should I get police check and fingerprints or do you guys think that they won't ask for it?
Please advice!

Reactions: snoopyta

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi friends,
I am planning to apply for citizenship and fly back to my home country and will come back when they will call me for the test. Should I get police check and fingerprints or do you guys think that they won't ask for it?
Please advice!
Don't add something that isn't part of the package. Fingerprints from Canada aren't. Police certificate form other countries may be needed depending on your situation, just follow the requirements.

If IRCC asks for something down the line, you'll adjust to it...

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
That’s wrong information. I haven’t provided my finger print for my PR on 2016 and just completed the citizenship process no fingerprints asked.