+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why don't they re-assign all the SDS to the local Canadian visa offices (i.e., India, Philippines, China, and etc)?

Hellbringer

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Just want to ask for your opinions. Based on my observation, a lot of SDS applications are pending, due to the back log in Ottawa. Hence, why don't they re-assign it to the local Canadian visa offices (i.e., India, Philippines, China, and etc). The primary difference between SDS and non-SDS is the financial proof documents, which I think, even local Canadian visa offices can confirm directly through direct communication with the Canadian banks for the GICs.

Reactions: Petita

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
I saw at least 3 approvals from Philippines for SDS application. Just today, one got approved SDS SP +OWP applied September 2020.

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Just want to ask for your opinions. Based on my observation, a lot of SDS applications are pending, due to the back log in Ottawa. Hence, why don't they re-assign it to the local Canadian visa offices (i.e., India, Philippines, China, and etc). The primary difference between SDS and non-SDS is the financial proof documents, which I think, even local Canadian visa offices can confirm directly through direct communication with the Canadian banks for the GICs.
Agree to this. I hope they just forward our files to Manila office.

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
I saw at least 3 approvals from Philippines for SDS application. Just today, one got approved SDS SP +OWP applied September 2020.
Which group? All of the approvals I've seen recently were non-SDS. Can you share their timelines/colleges, did they receive AIP?

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Which group? All of the approvals I've seen recently were non-SDS. Can you share their timelines/colleges, did they receive AIP?
In FB, can't recall the first two posts I've seen but they are SDS. The last one SP+OWP lodged September 27 fanshawe student

Sep 15, 2020
Can’t agree more. Ppl who got approvals from SDS recently are those who applied in September and October. They still put applications from July, June and may on hold.