+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why don't they hire more people to handle immigration cases?

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
With all this complaining about Canada, the system...here’s a solution
Don’t apply
If no one complains about a broken system, then nothing will ever change. I love this country and want it to improve for myself, my family, and all Canadians and future Canadians waiting to move here. I hate to think that over a million future Canadians in just the next 3 years will have to go through this. It really needs to change and someone has to say something.

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
I just don't understand how they can process someone in 14 days and other people in 1 year. That seems like a very wide gap. Canada doesn't seem to give a crap about your family or mine. They care about workers....
In family class they also have to make sure its not marriage of convenience just to become PR so they make decision after convinced thoroughly.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
These are Canadian families and I think they should be priority #1. Reuniting families in Canada should get the 14 day express entry, not these foreign workers that have zero ties to Canada. If they can process THEM in 14 days, then everyone should be processed that fast, especially Canadian families.

How anyone can think a foreign worker with zero ties to Canada should get priority processing over reuniting a Canadian Family is beyond me.
Where did you read that express entry is done in 14 days. Its already mentioned above that its a work permit not a PR application. The processing time for PR through express entry is 6 months and like spousal applications, some get their PR earlier than the stipulated time. A Canadian Citizen Sponsoring a Citizen from another country is not reuniting a ‘Canadian’ family. You are trying to bring a foreign citizen on your own accord and the government has every right to assess if that citizen is eligible to be living here indefinitely without visa. Why did you not apply for US green card if you found the Canadian Immigration System to be this flawed?

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
Where did you read that express entry is done in 14 days. Its already mentioned above that its a work permit not a PR application. The processing time for PR through express entry is 6 months and like spousal applications, some get their PR earlier than the stipulated time. A Canadian Citizen Sponsoring a Citizen from another country is not reuniting a ‘Canadian’ family. You are trying to bring a foreign citizen on your own accord and the government has every right to assess if that citizen is eligible to be living here indefinitely without visa. Why did you not apply for US green card if you found the Canadian Immigration System to be this flawed?
Someone from the GSS program can be approved and moved to Canada in 14 days. If they can process someone that fast, then certainly a spouse can be processed that fast. Give the spouse the same kind of temporary visa. Yes it is reuniting Canadian families! Not sure how you don't get that! Is your spouse not a part of your family?

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
Who gonna pay that staff . It costs money and they cant hire one officer for each application.
The taxes paid by spouses working a job in Canada and paying sales tax, property tax, etc should more than cover the cost of the officer salaries. In addition Canada would tax the officers salaries...

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
The taxes paid by spouses working a job in Canada and paying sales tax, property tax, etc should more than cover the cost of the officer salaries. In addition Canada would tax the officers salaries...
Things don’t work that way ? You think your spouse will be paying $100000 in all the taxes and will not be using any of canadian resources which you just mentioned. And also you need to know that “Rome wasn’t built in a day “.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Someone from the GSS program can be approved and moved to Canada in 14 days. If they can process someone that fast, then certainly a spouse can be processed that fast. Give the spouse the same kind of temporary visa. Yes it is reuniting Canadian families! Not sure how you don't get that! Is your spouse not a part of your family?
Again, that is a work permit, not PR. Way different process with way different checks/processing. If you are going to compare apples and oranges, there is no point in even posting.

Many spouses are able to come to Canada while their app processes. Those who are refused are generally from countries that have had high rates of illegally overstaying. That is the fault of the people from their country, not Canada.

And again, where is your source?

Reactions: YVR123

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
Things don’t work that way ? You think your spouse will be paying $100000 in all the taxes and will not be using any of canadian resources which you just mentioned. And also you need to know that “Rome wasn’t built in a day “.
That's exactly how it works actually. People (spouses) work and pay taxes which is what pays for all the Canadian resources.

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
That's exactly how it works actually. People (spouses) work and pay taxes which is what pays for all the Canadian resources.
Ok you dont apply for your spouse till they get the new system and start protesting in ottawa . If you firmly believe in what you are saying then show some actions and start your protest against something which according to you is unfair. Till that time stop