+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why don't they hire more people to handle immigration cases?

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
I can't understand why the Canadian government does not hire more people to handle immigration cases. If it takes 6 - 12 months to approve people, why don't they just hire more workers? I think 6 - 12 months to approve someone is ridiculous. They should be able to cut that down to 1-3 months MAX. People are waiting to start their new lives here in a new country with their families/spouses.

There are Canadians that need jobs, it would be great for the economy. It would get future Canadians here faster, paying taxes here faster, and contributing to the Canadian economy faster. While people are waiting, they are contributing to their home country economies and NOT Canada.

It is just mind boggling to me why it takes the government so long to approve people. I think it would be great for the Canadian economy if they hired more workers and processed applications faster.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Have you ever read the immigration statement related to letting us stay in their country? They always say: “Immigration is a privilege, not a right”. Then, you can assume that they’re not providing a standard service in which we just pay to get goods/services and we have our Consumer rights. On the other hand, you should be glad that it doesn’t take years like it used to be a couple of years ago. Some people had to wait around 7 years to get their PR.

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Consider it as a privilege by Canada. You will feel better :) Most of the times its the application that cause the delay not the process.

Reactions: Kits

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I can't understand why the Canadian government does not hire more people to handle immigration cases. If it takes 6 - 12 months to approve people, why don't they just hire more workers? I think 6 - 12 months to approve someone is ridiculous. They should be able to cut that down to 1-3 months MAX. People are waiting to start their new lives here in a new country with their families/spouses.

There are Canadians that need jobs, it would be great for the economy. It would get future Canadians here faster, paying taxes here faster, and contributing to the Canadian economy faster. While people are waiting, they are contributing to their home country economies and NOT Canada.

It is just mind boggling to me why it takes the government so long to approve people. I think it would be great for the Canadian economy if they hired more workers and processed applications faster.
Um, someone needs to pay for all these new workers. Taxpayers here may want their money to be spent on things like infrastructure, healthcare, etc.

Canada is unusually generous and fast when it comes to immigration. Have you tried getting a US green card? Or UK ILR/PR?

Reactions: DollyM

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
I understand your frustration really I do. But when I have the same thoughts as you, I take a deep breath sit back and reflect. not long ago the processing times were crazy long like 24 months or something. you have a voice and as a Canadian Citizen you have all the right to vent your frustration to your local MP. Make your voice be heard.

Reactions: laport2018

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
I think you are frustrated because Mississauga is taking long (to your standards on responding to you) let me remind you there are thousands in actual limbo not knowing who what when where about their application. Please just be grateful you are in the position you are in.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
Um, someone needs to pay for all these new workers. Taxpayers here may want their money to be spent on things like infrastructure, healthcare, etc.

Canada is unusually generous and fast when it comes to immigration. Have you tried getting a US green card? Or UK ILR/PR?
The taxes paid by people that arrive here faster because their application was processed faster should be more than enough to pay for the extra workers.

Canada is shooting itself in the foot by keeping future Canadians waiting and waiting in their home countries, while they contribute to their home countries economies.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
I think you are frustrated because Mississauga is taking long (to your standards on responding to you) let me remind you there are thousands in actual limbo not knowing who what when where about their application. Please just be grateful you are in the position you are in.
No, I am frustrated that it is taking 6 - 12 months to approve "thousands" of people. That is thousands of new Canadians that have to wait and suffer because this government can't hire more people, which as I said above, would be paid for by the taxes paid by people who arrive here faster and start paying taxes MONTHS earlier.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
No, I am frustrated that it is taking 6 - 12 months to approve "thousands" of people. That is thousands of new Canadians that have to wait and suffer because this government can't hire more people, which as I said above, would be paid for by the taxes paid by people who arrive here faster and start paying taxes MONTHS earlier.
but your not understanding that just because you want that to happen (and trust me many of us do too) that it will magically happen. You have to read up on the progress Canada has made over the years to improve the process.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
It is in the best financial interest of Canada (in my opinion) to hire more workers and get these future Canadians here earlier. This would help to grow the Canadian economy....

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
but your not understanding that just because you want that to happen (and trust me many of us do too) that it will magically happen. You have to read up on the progress Canada has made over the years to improve the process.
It's not that hard to hire more immigration officers. Canada needs to make more progress, Canada is shooting its economy in the foot by making future Canadians wait a YEAR to move. These are Canadians that have the legal right to move to Canada, just as soon as their applications are processed.

This isn't about me or my application. This is about the thousands of people that have the legal right to move and are just waiting for the government. It makes zero sense to make these people wait while they continue to pay taxes and contribute to their home economies.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The taxes paid by people that arrive here faster because their application was processed faster should be more than enough to pay for the extra workers.

Canada is shooting itself in the foot by keeping future Canadians waiting and waiting in their home countries, while they contribute to their home countries economies.
Well I guess that's your opinion, and you have a right to it. Soon you'll be a citizen and you will then be able to vote for policies/politicians that you agree with - immigration is always part of election manifestos.

That's all part of being Canadian :)

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
quality over quantity. half of the call agents are props and are getting paid to be rude and give misinformation.

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018

Yes, but their taxes will also be used for infrastructure and social services to support them in Canada, per the government's annual budget, as there will now be more people in Canada. It's not like the immigrants' taxes can be channeled to processing immigration only.

The process has been streamlined a LOT in the past few years. I sponsored a partner from the US (inland, mind you, but with a 'straight forward' application) a few years ago and it took 13 months to get to the AIP stage, and then several more for a final decision and landing. This time we got AIP in exactly 6 months.

When I was a child, it took my family 4 years to immigrate to Canada.

If they suddenly started processing applications in 1-3 months, there would still be someone here complaining that their application wasn't processed yesterday.

Keep in mind that this process involves several organizations and processes that all have a ton of paperwork/data entry/etc. and actually takes real people real time to complete.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
Well I guess that's your opinion, and you have a right to it. Soon you'll be a citizen and you will then be able to vote for policies/politicians that you agree with - immigration is always part of election manifestos.

That's all part of being Canadian :)
I've been a Canadian citizen for the last 30 years and I am in Canada right now. This is about other people, not me.