+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why does the IRCC ignore the online applications?

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hi guys,
I watch the google docs files of citizenship applications and timelines (Big Big thanks to people who administer them ).
I see obviously that since January this year all kinds of applications are getting reviewed and AORs except the online applications.
Is there any reason for that?
Don't you think it's a bad idea (according to statistics) to apply online?

seraolo

Feb 28, 2015
yes . I do believe so & the next question is can you apply again by mail ( so you have 2 application on & paper ) ????

Reactions: ahmedsisy

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
This is what I'm trying to know about currently.
I sent to them already a request to cancel my online application, but didn't get any response yet .
I am thinking of applying again on paper and to get the online one cancelled at any time in future.

seraolo

Feb 28, 2015
This is what I'm trying to know about currently.
I sent to them already a request to cancel my online application, but didn't get any response yet .
I am thinking of applying again on paper and to get the online one cancelled at any time in future.
I have sent my request for them today as well asking them the advice .....if I get any response from them ...I will post it immediately here & please you as well if you can

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
I have sent my request for them today as well asking them the advice .....if I get any response from them ...I will post it immediately here & please you as well if you can
yes we must cooperate, I appreciate that, and of course I will do the same.

Reactions: seraolo

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
please check out this link :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

what I understood is that it's not harmful to have 2 applications (except for money), eventually, one of them will be cancelled.
I think I will apply again on paper soon, the online applications are obviously not guaranteed according to the IRCC :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen.html

I'd appreciate it if you check the link and let me know your opinion.

Best regards.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

what I understood is that it's not harmful to have 2 applications (except for money), eventually, one of them will be cancelled.
I think I will apply again on paper soon, the online applications are obviously not guaranteed according to the IRCC :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen.html

Best regards.
My opinion is there’s no need to resend a paper application if you are applying as a solo adult without overseas residency days.

The “no guarantee” for online application clearly refers to the fact that only applicants with a certain criteria can apply online. If you are over 55, applying as a family, or count residency outside Canada as or accompanied by a Crown servant, you cannot apply online. If you apply online as any of those mentioned profiles, that’s when they won’t consider it.

Last edited:

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
My opinion is there’s no need to resend a paper application if you are applying as a solo adult without overseas residency days.

The “no guarantee” for online application clearly refers to the fact that only applicants with a certain criteria can apply online. If you are over 55, applying as a family, or count residency outside Canada as or accompanied by a Crown servant, you cannot apply online. If you apply online as any of those mentioned profiles, that’s when they won’t consider it.
Thanks so much for your openion
Regards

seraolo

Feb 28, 2015

Best regards.
actually , they have not responded yet to my web-form but I called IRCC & one agent ( she was sweet enough to answer all my questions )
She said..... why you want to cancel online application?! ...I know there is delay but she said its a matter of time to get you AOR , she advised me to be patient a bit & asked me to follow with them again after 3 weeks if I don't receive anything .
So my advice to you ....I will wait for 3 - 4 weeks & if nothing yet happen .....I will submit my paper application with no lockdown restitutions .
because once you get your AOR following your online application every thing will be in fast track action .

thank you for updating me & happy to cooperate with you bro
have great day

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
actually , they have not responded yet to my web-form but I called IRCC & one agent ( she was sweet enough to answer all my questions )
She said..... why you want to cancel online application?! ...I know there is delay but she said its a matter of time to get you AOR , she advised me to be patient a bit & asked me to follow with them again after 3 weeks if I don't receive anything .
So my advice to you ....I will wait for 3 - 4 weeks & if nothing yet happen .....I will submit my paper application with no lockdown restitutions .
because once you get your AOR following your online application every thing will be in fast track action .

thank you for updating me & happy to cooperate with you bro
have great day
Hi @seraolo
Thanks so much for the update, I truly appreciate it, it's good news anyway,
yes, 3-4 weeks is not a big deal, even though it sounds a little bit unrealistic because we know already that some people didn't get any AOR for 5 months (since January) and counting.
anyway, I appreciate your advice and I will take it of course, please keep me updated if you get any new information, and I will do the same of course.
it's my pleasure to cooperate with you bro.
thanks again and have a nice day

Best regards

Reactions: seraolo

seraolo

Feb 28, 2015
Hi @seraolo
Thanks so much for the update, I truly appreciate it, it's good news anyway,
yes, 3-4 weeks is not a big deal, even though it sounds a little bit unrealistic because we know already that some people didn't get any AOR for 5 months (since January) and counting.
anyway, I appreciate your advice and I will take it of course, please keep me updated if you get any new information, and I will do the same of course.
it's my pleasure to cooperate with you bro.
thanks again and have a nice day

Best regards
follow this new thread please ....so we cannot updates easily :
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-january-2021-application-group.730316/#post-9367457

newuser1234

Jun 17, 2019
Hi - Can you please let me know if you chose to withdraw your application. Please guide me of the process. I applied online a week ago and thinking of sending the paper application now

Dec 4, 2020
Hi - Can you please let me know if you chose to withdraw your application. Please guide me of the process. I applied online a week ago and thinking of sending the paper application now
Based on my experiences and the information I have read on this forum and some other sources, online applications are definitely the future. It's only a matter of time before they allocate more resources to it and things will start moving at a speed like never before.
When the test pilot in December was launched, they most likely had already allocated resources to processing a certain number of applications and as a result some of those applicants already received citizenship grant way faster than paper applicants.
Reading from information acquired under ATIP from different agencies like CIC, CBSA, CSIS and also RCMP, intra-agency information transfer appears to flow faster when application is online compared to on paper.
Also, from a clerical stand point, online is way easier to manage than going through a bunch of papers and it also reduces errors while significantly decreasing the amount of time required.
So hang tight, it's gonna start moving soon!

But if you still want to withdraw, you will have to fill out the withdrawal form and mail it to CIO-Sydney. You may not get a full refund if they start processing your application meanwhile(chances are very low it's already in-process if you applied just a week ago).

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
My spouse applied online and later after a month applied in paper with the same fee receipt. The payment for whichever one gets picked first will be processed and the later one may be returned because of no unused fee receipt (Its just a guess at this point). Wont know until we hear back, either a returned application or an AOR! Fingers crossed!!