+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why does somebody keep to delete the spreadsheet

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good question this made me upset , if you are reading us plz stop it , this file is important to all of us . Thank

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The file has been recovered here.
Good work with the recovery Ghost13...Thanks for helping us out. I agree with your approach of locking editing to only you (or admins) at least for a while until whoever is messing up the sheet gets a life and stops annoying us.

Now we just have to spread the word and point folks to your new link

Reactions: Ghost13

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Good work with the recovery Ghost13...Thanks for helping us out. I agree with your approach of locking editing to only you (or admins) at least for a while until whoever is messing up the sheet gets a life and stops annoying us.

Now we just have to spread the word and point folks to your new link
Thanks a lot EddyIT. It's my pleasure to help others, and I'll be more than glad if you share the link with the rest of the valued members.

Reactions: Bargeld

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
some loosers are every where..some one who got rejected keep venting his/her anger..whats the use....it wont stop other people from applying and getting their citizenship..if he/she is reading get on with your life and find some other way..

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think "recovering the file" and using ANOTHER link now will help. People will miss out and try to keep two spreadsheets updated.

up to you. I'm the admin of the old spreadsheet. let me know what you prefer.

i've done my best and kept the January sheet clean. that's where I am so I wasn't much looking at the others. but let me now.

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
I don't think "recovering the file" and using ANOTHER link now will help. People will miss out and try to keep two spreadsheets updated.

up to you. I'm the admin of the old spreadsheet. let me know what you prefer.

i've done my best and kept the January sheet clean. that's where I am so I wasn't much looking at the others. but let me now.
The old sheet is all messed up now. April's data is no more, May is locked by someone and March has two sheets, one is locked and the other is screwed up! In short, the whole document is redundant and cluttered.

When I recovered the file, I recovered most of the months (not only March which where I am), I even fixed some formulas, made the overall appearance way much better, more automated, unified and easier to read. The file is now protected from anonymous attacks, anonymous people unknowingly messing it up and changing stuff they shouldn't change. People can now use and leave comments in order to notify the admins about adding and/or updating an entry. The newly recovered document is promptly well maintained, secure and more accurate.

Based on the facts mentioned above, I suggest we use the recovered version, try our best to direct people to it and make sure with the help of its admins that the sheet is always maintained, well developed and up to date.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The old sheet is all messed up now. April's data is no more, May is locked by someone and March has two sheets, one is locked and the other is screwed up! In short, the whole document is redundant and cluttered.

When I recovered the file, I recovered most of the months (not only March which where I am), I even fixed some formulas, made the overall appearance way much better, more automated, unified and easier to read. The file is now protected from anonymous attacks, anonymous people unknowingly messing it up and changing stuff they shouldn't change. People can now use and leave comments in order to notify the admins about adding and/or updating an entry. The newly recovered document is promptly well maintained, secure and more accurate.

Based on the facts mentioned above, I suggest we use the recovered version, try our best to direct people to it and make sure with the help of its admins that the sheet is always maintained, well developed and up to date.
cool. then my work here is done.

just to prove my point i already see changes in the old sheet that are not reflected in the new sheet. probably because EVERYONE knows the old sheet. but suit yourself.

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto

just to prove my point i already see changes in the old sheet that are not reflected in the new sheet. probably because EVERYONE knows the old sheet. but suit yourself.
Maybe you're right at the moment, but it will slowly transition. Anyhow, thanks for keeping one sheet only.

Reactions: Bargeld

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

dkera - if you want you can maintain your spreadsheet while Ghost13's can be the backup version and both can work in parallel. However, this will involve some effort since it looks like someone is deliberately messing it up every few days...Your call

Reactions: Ghost13

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
dkera - if you want you can maintain your spreadsheet while Ghost13's can be the backup version and both can work in parallel. However, this will involve some effort since it looks like someone is deliberately messing it up every few days...Your call
Believe it or not, even on Comment-only view mode, someone is still messing up the document (through comments only not actual data) and trying their best to spam it with useless comments! They posted like hundreds of them in few minutes. Luckily I'm able to maintain the document regardless.