+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do previous grades matter?

doctor_acdc

Mar 16, 2012
I have a question that why do the VO worried about previous grades. Say of O and A levels? If you have got in to a public university in Canada on meeting the requirements of your bachelor's degree for a master's program, they must have accepted you for a reason. Also what is the fuss about IELTS score? Isn't that already a requirement of universities?

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doctor_acdc said:
I have a question that why do the VO worried about previous grades. Say of O and A levels? If you have got in to a public university in Canada on meeting the requirements of your bachelor's degree for a master's program, they must have accepted you for a reason. Also what is the fuss about IELTS score? Isn't that already a requirement of universities?
hi,
They check your overall profile and your "LEVEL OF ESTABLISHMENT" your academic grade/score convinced you as a geniun student as student who apply for a university got visa compare to who apply for college(university ratio high) in the simple word your grade/score depend on your level of establishment. and IELTS is the part of this they check your english language ability....however its not a rule you can't apply without IELTS many people got visa without it.

doctor_acdc

Mar 16, 2012
Well of course if you are pursuing Masters in a related field after your bachelors in Universities like UoFT UBC McGill etc.. you must be a genuine student with good grades to get in I believe. So it doesn't makes sense :S

Lize

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
depends on the country , for example first world countries only require to send acceptance , proof of funds , and that's it. no matter where they are going. Also I don't understand what's up with the study mismatch thing, that's ridiculous , the only main factor that should matter should be your academic grades.
Also what's up with gaps , normal people have them , in those years you were trying different courses to see what's the best option for you.

H

HBK

Lize said:
depends on the country , for example first world countries only require to send acceptance , proof of funds , and that's it. no matter where they are going. Also I don't understand what's up with the study mismatch thing, that's ridiculous , the only main factor that should matter should be your academic grades.
Also what's up with gaps , normal people have them , in those years you were trying different courses to see what's the best option for you.
yeah!!
I agreed with your study mismatch comment.
Atleast I found INDIAN students in this forum who secured visa for PG DIPLOMA after MASTER, ADVANCE DIPLOMA after 4 years bachelor degree.
now my question is where is where is study mismatch.

i think its just only reason to give refusal for poor academics and poor course selection.

Gsaa

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
because your marks reflects your intention like for what purpose do u want to go;whether for studies or PR

jassicheema

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmmm... I agree with Ashok
the reason of study mismatch is given just bcz of poor academic grades n poor course selection.