+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do I have to provide Arranged Employment supporting document

shaliwa1

Dec 20, 2020
Hi all,

I'm currently filling out the OINP-HCP application. I have the Post-graduate open work permit and I'm now working without LMIA. However, the portal asked me to provide the supporting document for the Arranged Employment (Mandatory) which I don't think is applicable for my situation. I can't proceed with my application without providing it. Does anyone have the same or similar problem? Please help!

For clarification, I have copied the questions and my answers related to the employment part as below:
1. Do you have a job offer in Ontario?
My answer: Yes
2. Is this job offer for continuous, paid, full-time work that is at least one year in length?
3. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for your job offer in Ontario?
My answer: No
4. Is your intended job in a regulated profession in Ontario?
5. Are you currently working in Ontario?
6. Do you have a valid work permit for your current job in Ontario?
7. Is your job offer from the employer named on your current work permit?
8. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for your current work permit?
9. Was your current work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or in section 205 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations?

I don't have Arranged Employment so I don't have anything to upload. I don't know if everyone has to upload some documents under this section or not? Or this because I answered some questions wrong?

Appreciate it in advance!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I'm currently filling out the OINP-HCP application. I have the Post-graduate open work permit and I'm now working without LMIA. However, the portal asked me to provide the supporting document for the Arranged Employment (Mandatory) which I don't think is applicable for my situation. I can't proceed with my application without providing it. Does anyone have the same or similar problem? Please help!

For clarification, I have copied the questions and my answers related to the employment part as below:
2. Is this job offer for continuous, paid, full-time work that is at least one year in length?
3. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for your job offer in Ontario?
8. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for your current work permit?
9. Was your current work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or in section 205 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations?

I don't have Arranged Employment so I don't have anything to upload. I don't know if everyone has to upload some documents under this section or not? Or this because I answered some questions wrong?

I think it's because of how you are answering the first two questions. A job offer is arranged employment. That's why you're being asked to upload proof.

Sunny2801

Dec 22, 2017
Hi all,

You answered all the questions right coz you have job offer and you working on valid work permit which is pgwp.
So i think you can upload full time job offer letter and valid pgwp copy.
I assume you didn’t get additional 50 points in express entry profile for arranged employed because for additional 50 points you need to enter LMIA no. and expiry date which is not in your case.
So you are fine go ahead with job letter signed by ur employer and you.
And work permit copy.

good luck!

rajith19

Jul 4, 2023
Hi all,

Hello, my situation is exactly same as yours already working on pgwp for about 1 and half year and selected the same options as that you mentioned above,
And I uploaded that offer letter and PGWP open work permit.
Is this correct?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, my situation is exactly same as yours already working on pgwp for about 1 and half year and selected the same options as that you mentioned above,
And I uploaded that offer letter and PGWP open work permit.
Is this correct?
No. You are on an open work permit. You answer No. A job offer is only valid if you have an approved LMIA.

rajith19

Jul 4, 2023
No. You are on an open work permit. You answer No. A job offer is only valid if you have an approved LMIA.
unfortunately my friend had answered yes and uploaded his current offer letter and open work permit will this this cause rejection?

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Exactly my case too. Currently employed in Ontario via my PGWP. No LMIA, I Just went to a job interview and got the job. It was not an arranged employment but I technically do have a Job offer because my employer sent me one when I was going to be hired. So I answered yes, I do have a job offer (albeit, an accepted one that turned into current employment)

Since I used my current employment as proof of settlement funds, and as such I was required to upload my original Job Offer and my 2 most recent payslips, it felt weird answering no to that question and then uploading the document anyway.

I also had that issue with the system forcing me to upload proof of arranged employment. Called OINP and they told me to just upload a letter of explanation in that section explaining that I was being forced by the system but I didn't actually have any arranged employment.

My application is currently in the DIP phase. Hopefully, it works out well for me as well.

unknownMammal

Mar 8, 2024
Exactly my case too. Currently employed in Ontario via my PGWP. No LMIA, I Just went to a job interview and got the job. It was not an arranged employment but I technically do have a Job offer because my employer sent me one when I was going to be hired. So I answered yes, I do have a job offer (albeit, an accepted one that turned into current employment)

Since I used my current employment as proof of settlement funds, and as such I was required to upload my original Job Offer and my 2 most recent payslips, it felt weird answering no to that question and then uploading the document anyway.

I also had that issue with the system forcing me to upload proof of arranged employment. Called OINP and they told me to just upload a letter of explanation in that section explaining that I was being forced by the system but I didn't actually have any arranged employment.

My application is currently in the DIP phase. Hopefully, it works out well for me as well.
Can you please share the decision on your application?
I am in the exact same boat.......applied to a job, got it and then employer sent out offer letter.

"valid job offer" is very confusing to me. I am also on PGWP, currently working in a tech job NOT based on LMIA.
Answered all the ques OP posted in exact same manner and uploaded my job offer for the arranged employment docs. Just didnt send write in my LOE about this. Thinking to send a webform explaining this situation.

I selected to be assessed against CEC in the very beginning, so hopefully there wont be an issue for all this. I have just submitted my application a day ago so want to act fast. Any help would be really appreciated!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am in the exact same boat.......applied to a job, got it and then employer sent out offer letter.

"valid job offer" is very confusing to me. I am also on PGWP, currently working in a tech job NOT based on LMIA.
Answered all the ques OP posted in exact same manner and uploaded my job offer for the arranged employment docs. Just didnt send write in my LOE about this. Thinking to send a webform explaining this situation.

I selected to be assessed against CEC in the very beginning, so hopefully there wont be an issue for all this. I have just submitted my application a day ago so want to act fast. Any help would be really appreciated!
Job offer refers to Job with approval LMIA . If you are on open work permit, answer NO and you can’t claim 50 points.

shivamjolly

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020

Hi, I am in the same scenario, can you tell me what happened in your case?