+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do CIC keep issuing invites if they have no capacity to handle the applications?

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I understand that CIC offices are at low capacity, bio-metrics are limited across the country and everything is taking a lot longer than the standard timeline. with all of that, why would CIC keep sending out new invites? i got mine in Feb and luckily have managed to submit all required documents and still no answer, I don't expect an answer anytime soon. and I see a lot people on this forum struggling to complete bio metrics or RCMP checks.
Thoughts?

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
I thought about it, it doesn't make sense, an economy like Canada doesn't get affected by the fees few thousands pay on an annual basis, and I saw the numbers some users posted, they might look significant to people like us, but for a G7 economy i doubt that. look at how much money this government is spending as a response to COVID-19.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I understand that CIC offices are at low capacity, bio-metrics are limited across the country and everything is taking a lot longer than the standard timeline. with all of that, why would CIC keep sending out new invites? i got mine in Feb and luckily have managed to submit all required documents and still no answer, I don't expect an answer anytime soon. and I see a lot people on this forum struggling to complete bio metrics or RCMP checks.
Thoughts?
Why are you expecting an answer after just about 4 months?

In normal circumstances it can easily go close to a year to have an answer.... mine took exactly 9 months 1 day pre-pandemic.

Also, this is something you do voluntarily and it would be reasonable to expect things to be different during a pandemic. If you are not happy you might as well not submit an application no one's forced you to eh?

I am sure that if IRCC had stopped receiving applications people would probably be bitchin about that instead, wouldn't you?

I thought about it, it doesn't make sense, an economy like Canada doesn't get affected by the fees few thousands pay on an annual basis, and I saw the numbers some users posted, they might look significant to people like us, but for a G7 economy i doubt that. look at how much money this government is spending as a response to COVID-19.
Every single economy has been deeply affected... just go look at the numbers of how much benefits such as the CERB and CESB have cost the government, current rates of unemployment, etc.

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Why are you expecting an answer after just about 4 months?
I'm not expecting an answer in 4 months, please re-read my post. i'm just raising a valid question and hoping to get a useful answer other than a bombardment of questions that aim at winning an argument. Well, there's no argument here. all I'm looking for is if someone heard anything on th enews or other forums that CIC are returning to office soon, staffing up there workforce etc..

I'm sorry but your reply is completely off the topic, I hope at least it had served you some good because it served me none.

Anna J

May 18, 2020
Hi

I had read an article saying that Canada needs more labor to maintain the economy growth, and in general, they need more population in the country.
For the last 3 years, they have received about 300,000 people per year, and was planning to continue increasing the migrant input in the following years.

Can you imagine that they got 1M migrants in just 3 years, which is the same population of one medium size city like Ottawa?
This increase in population leads to increased production and more and more money in construction industry building new houses and infrastructure, which is a massive part of Canadian economy.

However with pandemic, the number of newcomers is expected to be reduced by half, which is a major threat to economy. So, they have to keep drawing people, not only for the application fees but also for their systems.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
You should understand government need to pay money to people whom they have asked to sit and relax and enjoy life many of whom are not willing to come back. To fund that what is best option

1- increase fees for immigration by 100%
2- invite people and make them pay upfront

Simple maths as you cannot tax people since already people staying in Canada are taxed heavily

By the way no one compels anyone to do anything and for that reason nothing will happen in this world.
There is something called public accountability , if you take applications and take money you are accountable for that. That’s how people and governments operate in civilized society

I fully support the question Mabz is asking above that IRCC has some responsibility and needs to show bit more professionalism in way the applications are being handled.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Thoughts?
If you do a little research on IRCC website and read their yearly reports, you'll realize 40-50% of the PR applications are inland CEC/PNC mostly. For most of us who started with a WP, PR is the natural next step to follow if we want to stay in Canada since PGWP is not renewable therefore getting a new WP or renewing it it's not as easy or requires additional sponsorship.

CEC and PNC are the only new invites being issued currently. Based on 2018 numbers, total PR applications were around 250000/year, so we're talking about 125000 people aprox this year who could possible had to leave Canada if there were no more new invites as you're irresponsibly suggesting.

So yeah, please keep in mind that the Canadian immigration was not designed for your own personal benefit and if they had to stop sending new invites right after you got yours in February so your personal application could continue, you'd be screwing up a lot of people's lifes and dreams and put in jeopardy the entire canadian population, whose only growth are solely based on immigration at least for the last 10-20 years.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2018.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_of_Canada#:~:text=Canada ranks 38th by population,million Canadians as of 2019.

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
I'm not so sure about low capacity at CIC offices. My son applied for his PGWP last week and was approved in 7 days. The CIC website estimated that it would take 85 days. I would say that's pretty quick turn around time. When I applied for my PGWP in January 2019 (pre COVID-19), it took 4 months to be approved.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
They still need to try to hit 320,000 immigrants for 2020. Which won't happen, but they want to get closer to that number. Simple as that.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
On average, they met their objective of processing applications within 6 months last year. Of course, this year will be different.

But you have to understand that's an average, meaning some people's applications can take under and over 6 months, and you also have to take into account that each application is different. Some are more complex than others, so you have to factor in the extra time to process their applications as well.

It is what it is, i think people are very lucky that Canada is one of the few developed, Western countries which is still taking in immigrants at the rate they are, you only need to see how life is difficult or even very skilled immigrants in the U.S, to know that most people applying to Canada, despite the wait time, are very blessed.

With U.S suspending H1-B visas and PR applications until December, you should count yourself as lucky you've been able to apply to Canada.