spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Quality Assurance is a nicer way of saying "Randomly Selected" via TSA
While we all know that the TSA is anything but random (they claim to be random, but they do racial profiling, no doubt about that), in this case with IRCC at least the memo linked above describes how the use computer software to draw the random sample, so I would say it's credible that IRCC in fact does the selection truly random.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
While we all know that the TSA is anything but random (they claim to be random, but they do racial profiling, no doubt about that), in this case with IRCC at least the memo linked above describes how the use computer software to draw the random sample, so I would say it's credible that IRCC in fact does the selection truly random.
Except the information linked by @razerblade (see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/fees/missions/quality-assurance.html ) is about quality assurance for FEE COLLECTIONS not the PPQ-QAE that is being issued to grant citizenship applicants.

Will post my response to the "why" question in the topic titled:
RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205

See, in particular, full post for the following quote:

Primary reason, as discussed in the 2016 Auditor General report (should link), appears to be for "identifying and analyzing fraud risks and trends, and checking the effectiveness of fraud controls and making adjustment."

The Auditor General report and IRCC response goes well beyond the scope of this, including other quality control elements such as enhancing IRCC and RCMP screening for criminality, but the structure of the PPQ-QAE is clearly oriented to identify indicators of residence-fraud, and this is primary focus of the report as well.
[follow link to see full post]

sebbie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
I wonder if the 20% figure means anything, the number of cases reported on the forum suggests a percentage closer to 3% (22/ 669, where 669 is the # of IP cases in October)

I imagine that the CIC wouldn't want to have to review huge amounts of documents given the # of applications we've had recently.