+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why are there threads here about the application for non-Canadian citizenships/statuses

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I am puzzled to see that there are several threads on this subforum that are mainly about the application for non-Canadian citizenships/statuses. The explicit description of this subforum is "Learn about obtaining Canadian citizenship." Could people post topics about non-Canadian citizenships/statuses elsewhere instead?

I am hoping that the moderator can perhaps make a decision on this matter. Given the avowed purpose of this specific subforum (namely "Learn about obtaining Canadian citizenship"), I feel that unless the acquisition of citizenship/status of Country X is specifically related to the acquisition or renunciation of Canadian citizenship (but not British citizenship, American citizenship, Australian citizenship, etc), then discussions about the acquisition of said citizenship/status of Country X do not appear to belong in this particular subforum.

Or, at the very least, if such posts are to be permitted, their titles must explicitly state that the posts are not about the application for Canadian citizenship. This way, other forum guests' time is not wasted by clicking on those posts.

Last edited:

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
I am puzzled to see that there are several threads on this subforum that are mainly about the application for non-Canadian citizenships/statuses. The explicit description of this subforum is "Learn about obtaining Canadian citizenship." Could people post topics about non-Canadian citizenships/statuses elsewhere instead?
Why is it irking you so much.

These questions aren't totally off-topic like talking about sports teams or whatever. The questions are often relevant to people who recently got their citizenships or will be getting them soon. No better subforum to reach out for such questions this one.

LudoZ

Nov 20, 2019
Isn't this thread also about non canadian citizenship?

• Haha
Reactions: BOYX and Das67