+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why are there no CRS points in Express Entry for Parents (citizens) in Canada?

khurapr

Mar 24, 2019
Hi All,
I want to understand if having Parents (citizens) in Canada does not add 15 additional points in the CRS scores or is it a bug in the systems that the points are not appearing.
Since i got 5 additional points in the FSWP for adaptability (blood relatives in canada) and yet no CRS points in Express entry.
So CRS points are given for only brother or sister and not for parents? Is this correct or is it a bug in CRS calculator?

PK.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi All,
I want to understand if having Parents (citizens) in Canada does not add 15 additional points in the CRS scores or is it a bug in the systems that the points are not appearing.
Since i got 5 additional points in the FSWP for adaptability (blood relatives in canada) and yet no CRS points in Express entry.
So CRS points are given for only brother or sister and not for parents? Is this correct or is it a bug in CRS calculator?

PK.
Parents living in Canada would only give you adaptability points in eligibility. Not in CRS.
If you want blood relative to add points in CRS, it has to be either brother or sister.
But you still have to show parent's proof of relationship, status, and residency because you claimed eligibility points with them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

PK.
Not a bug. CRS points are only given for siblings.