+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why are people going over the 20 picture limit?

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
When people ask you why your application was returned. The answer is because I did not answer the dependants question with an N/A. That was why your application was returned. Not because of anything to do with pictures. You're basically paying a lawyer for 'N/A'
Well if u can read my reply i have clearly mentioned it wasnt returned because of photos.

Thank you:)

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
On the IMM 5533 checklist, it clearly states that a maximum of 20 pictures supporting the relationship of the PA and SA (for spousal sponsorship) must be submitted. Some people on the forums have openly admitted to submitting more pictures despite the requirement. Will submitting more pictures result in a refusal? Because I don't think its fair for others to submit more pictures and have a VO tolerate that while others strictly follow the requirements. I have heard they shred the rest, but I don't know if that is the case exactly after they look at 20 pictures, so will submitting 5-10 more pictures be a problem?
The requirements changed to a max. 20 photos a few years back. During that transition some may have sent more though, it just adds more paperwork
for storing while the application is being processed. Sometimes things get lost so make sure you clearly write the information on the back of each photo
as required. The instructions are clear but I don't think you will be refused if you send a few more. Don't forget to make copy's of everything for yourself.
In our case all the photos we submitted were returned to us.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
The requirements changed to a max. 20 photos a few years back. During that transition some may have sent more though, it just adds more paperwork
for storing while the application is being processed. Sometimes things get lost so make sure you clearly write the information on the back of each photo
as required. The instructions are clear but I don't think you will be refused if you send a few more. Don't forget to make copy's of everything for yourself.
In our case all the photos we submitted were returned to us.
You had your photos returned? I didn’t know they returned anything like that.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Well if u can read my reply i have clearly mentioned it wasnt returned because of photos.

Thank you:)
Good luck with your application...

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
On the IMM 5533 checklist, it clearly states that a maximum of 20 pictures supporting the relationship of the PA and SA (for spousal sponsorship) must be submitted. Some people on the forums have openly admitted to submitting more pictures despite the requirement. Will submitting more pictures result in a refusal? Because I don't think its fair for others to submit more pictures and have a VO tolerate that while others strictly follow the requirements. I have heard they Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire shred the rest, but I don't know if that is the case exactly after they look at 20 pictures, so will submitting 5-10 more pictures be a problem?
when i applied myself i strictly stuck to 20 photos but then i got my documents back for some reason. so i have 15 pages of word document with 107 pics. lol

Reactions: namratha_s