+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why am I not eligible?

Jim_Ca

Oct 29, 2017
I'm 33 years old with a university BA, 3+ years of work experience, 7/10 IELTS score and available minimum funds, why does the Canada website/immigration profile always say: "I am not eligible"?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I'm 33 years old with a university BA, 3+ years of work experience, 7/10 IELTS score and available minimum funds, why does the Canada website/immigration profile always say: "I am not eligible"?
Hi Jim_Ca,
review the common reasons for profile ineligibility below to see if any of the apply to you:

Common Reasons for Express Entry Profile Ineligibility

This guide is only relevant to persons who expect to be eligible under the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) programmes, NOT the Federal Skilled Trades (FST) programme

Intended Destination/Province
  • You indicated Quebec as your intended destination/province
FSW Eligibility Points
Education
  • If you’re applying under the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) programme AND your educational credential(s) are foreign (i.e. not completed in Canada)…
    • you indicated you haven’t completed an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to determine the Canadian equivalency for your foreign educational credentials
    • you indicated your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is older than 5 years old
Proof of Funds
  • If you’re applying under the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) programme, AND don’t have VALID arranged employment in Canada (check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp)
    • you did not indicate enough settlement funds to qualify (a single applicant, currently, has to show they CAD$12,300 or more for settlement purposes; if you have dependents (accompanying or not), you need to show more, depending on how many dependents you have)
Work Experience
  • You indicated '8' or something similar in the section asking about your hours of work, instead of 37.5 or 40 (or a 'full-time' equivalent number), resulting in the system not calculating your years of full-time work experience correctly

• If you’re applying under either the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) programmes…
    • your primary NOC Code is not Skill Type/Level 0, A or B

• If you’re applying under the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) programme, you do not have…
    • at least one (1) year of FULL-TIME work experience (or the part-time equivalent)
    • that was continuous (it doesn’t have not interrupted by employment breaks other than normal vacation / sick/ personal leave, etc.)
    • that was paid
    • under your primary NOC Code (which must be Skill Type/Level 0, A or B)
    • within the last ten (10) years

• If you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) programme, you do not have…
    • at least one (1) year of FULL-TIME work experience in Canada (or the part-time equivalent)
    • in one or more Skill Type/Level 0, A, or B NOC Codes
    • within the last three (3) years
Language Test Results
  • Your language test results are older than 2 years old

• If you’re applying under the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) programme…
    • you didn’t attain at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) equivalency level 7 across EACH of the 4 language abilities on your language test (Note: CLB equivalency levels are not the same as the raw IELTS Score - see conversion of IELTS Scores to CLB Equivalency levels here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp)

• If you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) programme…
    • you didn’t attain at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) equivalency level 7 across EACH of the 4 language abilities on your language test, if your primary NOC is Skill Type/Level 0 or A
    • you didn’t attain at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) equivalency level 5 across EACH of the 4 language abilities on your language test, if your primary NOC is Skill Type/Level B

Last edited: