+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why a refugee claimant waiting for WorkPermit is being asked to go for 2nd medcheck?

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
I am a convention refugee, waiting for PR but my partner is still a claimant. he is waiting for his work permit but suddenly he is being asked to go to see a panel physician again? he did the medical check up already though.. any idea? I thought refugee claimant is exempted from all medical issues?

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I am a convention refugee, waiting for PR but my partner is still a claimant. he is waiting for his work permit but suddenly he is being asked to go to see a panel physician again? he did the medical check up already though.. any idea? I thought refugee claimant is exempted from all medical issues?
If the first medical examination has been done for more than 12 months , a new examination is systematically requested, it is normal .
See here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html

Last edited:

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Check the expiration of the medical examination you did after you claimed asylum. If still valid, you DO NOT need to do another one.