+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

whose bank statement should a housewife show??

I_need_help

Jul 23, 2012
I applied for TRV and was refused :( :(
Its my sons wedding!! They refused for 3 reasons:
I may not leave canada at the end of my stay coz:
-my employment status
-my personal/financial assets
-my travel history

I AM A HOUSEWIFE!!!!!!!!!! Dependant on my husband! I showed his bank statement and my savings accunt
What should I improve??? I don't have any assets! Helppppp I will die if I miss out on his wedding!
How much money should we show? Going for 3 weeks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should send:
1) A invitation letter from your host explaining why he want you to come to Canada, he would pay for your food, accommodation, traveling expenses etc.
2) Your ties with your home country, such as rental agreement, club memberships
3) Unless your husband is going with you, you don't need to send your husband's proof of assets and bank statements. Send only those you own.
4) Other proofs from your son (or the host) showing his financial and legal status to support you when you come to Canada for visit: such as Notice of Assessment, Rental agreement, property tax notices, bank letters / statements

My mother-in-law is also a house wife but she managed to get the multiple entry TRV in the second attempt. Good luck!

I_need_help

Jul 23, 2012
steaky said:
You should send:
1) A invitation letter from your host explaining why he want you to come to Canada, he would pay for your food, accommodation, traveling expenses etc.

I did

2) Your ties with your home country, such as rental agreement, club memberships

Good idea, we rent a house-ps I have 4 children here I showed that too
3) Unless your husband is going with you, you don't need to send your husband's proof of assets and bank statements. Send only those you own.

He is going too - whole family is (except me if I don't get the visa :( :( :( )
4) Other proofs from your son (or the host) showing his financial and legal status to support you when you come to Canada for visit: such as Notice of Assessment, Rental agreement, property tax notices, bank letters / statements

My mother-in-law is also a house wife but she managed to get the multiple entry TRV in the second attempt. Good luck!
Thanks! Did she apply in london? Plz pray for me this is a hard time :(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_need_help said:
Btw how do I prove that I am dependant on my husband ?
If your husband pays you by bank transfer or cashier cheques, you can usually see that information in your bank statements. If the statements doesn't shows, you can always request the bank for a letter in showing this.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It's more likely he gives her cash. In my opinion, a bank statement from a joint account(preferably the account in which his salary is paid into) will do. There also has to be transactions in this account done by her - to show that she has just as much(if not equal) access to the funds.

steaky said:
If your husband pays you by bank transfer or cashier cheques, you can usually see that information in your bank statements. If the statements doesn't shows, you can always request the bank for a letter in showing this.

I_need_help

Jul 23, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
It's more likely he gives her cash. In my opinion, a bank statement from a joint account(preferably the account in which his salary is paid into) will do. There also has to be transactions in this account done by her - to show that she has just as much(if not equal) access to the funds.
uare right. I'm just given cash whenever I need it .
I thought showing that my kids live here and I intend on staying to look after them would have been enough!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I wonder if income tax statements of you both, living at the same address, would be any help? You haven't said, but aren't both you and your husband going to your son's wedding?